Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
johnelle
Zealot
johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle app on Samsung Tab
Kindle Monthly Lockout

I use the Kindle app to get the books I purchased into Calibre. About once a month Kindle stops syncing and I have uninstall / reboot / reinstall. It appears to be an authentication problem and I see no way to reauthorize my account other than wiping it from the registery and (re)installing the app. Not sure if they're punishing me for using a proxy or violating some Amazon unwritten rule.

Anybody figure out how to stop this or at least fix it with less effort(?)
johnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #2
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
What version of the app?
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnelle View Post
I use the Kindle app to get the books I purchased into Calibre. About once a month Kindle stops syncing and I have uninstall / reboot / reinstall. It appears to be an authentication problem and I see no way to reauthorize my account other than wiping it from the registery and (re)installing the app. Not sure if they're punishing me for using a proxy or violating some Amazon unwritten rule.

Anybody figure out how to stop this or at least fix it with less effort(?)
Could be this ongoing issue ==>> Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:00 AM   #4
johnelle
Zealot
johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle app on Samsung Tab
Version 1.24.3

Don't think it has anything to do with KFX. Those issues tend to be solved with regular updates to the KFX plugin.
johnelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, kindle