Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-26-2023, 01:38 AM   #1
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
New Verse / Verse Pro

I noticed both of these on fccid.io.

The Verse Pro's (PB634) been up since July so has some external photos, sadly none yet for the Verse (PB629).

Both seem to follow the new Pocketbook design with a very short "chin" containing 4 buttons, smooth flat sides, and a ribbed back. Both have USB-C.

The splash screen of the Verse Pro's visible in a few photos. It does not say "Powered by Android", and it looks like the device is about 110mm x 160mm.

The flush screen of the Pro looks about 87mm x 110mm, which gives a diagonal of 5.5". Surely that's mismeasured and is more like 6".

FCCID.IO: Verse Pro

FCCID.IO: Verse

I wonder how long it'll take badereader to independently discover this

Last edited by chrisridd; 08-26-2023 at 02:57 AM.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 10:41 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Thanks for the news. I hope the screen is as sharp as the HD 3 -- not sure about the extra layer. I'm guessing it will be heavier than the HD 3, but more solid.

These photos (attached) were found here...

https://rectsandsquares.com/blogs/ar...ything-we-know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	versepro1.png
Views:	238
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	203369   Click image for larger version

Name:	versepro2.png
Views:	117
Size:	393.6 KB
ID:	203370  

Last edited by rcentros; 08-26-2023 at 10:44 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2023, 01:44 PM   #3
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I guess these will get shown in the IFA (?) show coming up in Berlin.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 08:27 AM   #4
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Thanks for the news. I hope the screen is as sharp as the HD 3 -- not sure about the extra layer. I'm guessing it will be heavier than the HD 3, but more solid.
According to PocketBook Switzerland, the HD3 weighs 155 grams, while the Verse Pro weighs 186 grams.

https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/catalog/...ch-hd-3-copper

https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/catalog/...e-pro-azure-ch
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 08:50 AM   #5
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
I didn't even purchase my HD3 all that long ago... but for USB-C and dark mode I'm tempted to upgrade.

EDIT... only just realised that if you perform a manual update (rather than OTA) you get dark mode on the HD3. Can I still justify a new ereader for USB-C alone?

Last edited by neil_swann80; 10-10-2023 at 01:29 PM.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2023, 10:13 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
[QUOTE=chrisridd;4350974]The flush screen of the Pro looks about 87mm x 110mm, which gives a diagonal of 5.5". Surely that's mismeasured and is more like 6".

Judging by the rulers next to it, I make the screen inside the bezel to be 120mm x 90mm, which is a 150mm diagonal == 6 inches.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 03:10 AM   #7
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same RAM as the HD3... but I believe a better processor than the HD3? HD3 being 1GHZ single core, Verse Pro being a 1GHZ dual core???
Old 10-11-2023, 03:36 AM   #8
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Same RAM as the HD3... but I believe a better processor than the HD3? HD3 being 1GHZ single core, Verse Pro being a 1GHZ dual core???
I wondered about that, too, but according to PocketBook Switzerland (as well as some other sites), the HD 3 has a dual-core processor.

"Processor Dual Core (2×1 GHz)"

https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/catalog/...ch-hd-3-copper
Old 10-11-2023, 05:41 AM   #9
neil_swann80

Strange, the HD3 processor is listed as the: Freescale Solo Lite 1GHZ

From reading Freescale specs the Solo range is suggested as single core.
Old 10-11-2023, 07:49 AM   #10
SomeSteve
Addict

Quote:
Strange, the HD3 processor is listed as the: Freescale Solo Lite 1GHZ

From reading Freescale specs the Solo range is suggested as single core.
I'd seen that, which added to my confusion. The PocketBook store gives both specifications on the same page ("Processor:Freescale Solo Lite 1GHZ"; "The powerful dual-core processor (2 × 1 GHz) ...").

https://pocketbookstore.com/products...ook-touch-hd-3

But the strangeness doesn't end there. Wikipedia says that the Touch HD 3 uses the "Allwinner B288 dual core 1 GHz" CPU. I don't know what the source for that is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PocketBook_International

I haven't found a website that reveals the manufacturer or model name of the processor in the Verse Pro.
Old 10-11-2023, 08:06 AM   #11
neil_swann80

You're right! I've also found the same. Slightly different board revisions with similar chips used (Freesclae/Allwinner).

I'm happy to believe it's dual-core then!

Although there's less reason for an upgrade now.
Old 10-11-2023, 05:08 PM   #12
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Boox
Finally, the reason I upgraded to a Verse Pro was the beautiful color of the device, Passion Red, and the modern look compared to the Touch HD 3. That’s what I really like
Who don't care about these things there is no need to do, the screen of the Touch HD 3 is better. The Verse Pro has a slight gradient from top to bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9597.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	814.0 KB
ID:	204227   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9599.jpeg
Views:	123
Size:	1,003.6 KB
ID:	204228   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9548.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	656.7 KB
ID:	204229   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9551.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	204230   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9552.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	549.0 KB
ID:	204231  
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 10:45 PM   #13
neil_swann80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenfee View Post
Finally, the reason I upgraded to a Verse Pro was the beautiful color of the device, Passion Red, and the modern look compared to the Touch HD 3. That’s what I really like
Who don't care about these things there is no need to do, the screen of the Touch HD 3 is better. The Verse Pro has a slight gradient from top to bottom.
It does look lovely. Did the case come bundled? If they release an origami case for it also I may be upgrading.
Old 10-12-2023, 01:58 PM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenfee View Post
Thanks for the pictures. The Verse Pro does look nice, but my HD 3 is still in "like new" condition with great battery life. And, they've updated the firmware to 68 to (I'm guessing) match the Verse Pro's firmware – so maybe Verse Pro 2 or 3 for me somewhere down the line.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 11:14 AM   #15
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Boox
Quote:
It does look lovely. Did the case come bundled? If they release an origami case for it also I may be upgrading.
It’s a kind of bundle, a combined offer. PocketBook offers the device and for 1 € more you can choose a case in the the color you like. Currently four colors for the Verse Pro/Verse: black, red, blue and orange.

An origami case would also for me interesting, if they would release one I hope it’s color will be black.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pb629, pb634, verse, verse pro