Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #766
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I need my favorite authors to get busy releasing their backlist titles in digital. I realized today my "Want in Digital List" now has over 75% of the books labeled as "not yet released"

Between paying full price for my favorites and all the sales we've had in the past few years, I am running out of books to buy I mean I can ALWAYS find a book to use a good Kobo coupon on , but I'm talking about the books I really want and know I will eventually read (or reread as the case may be). With so many good sales lately I kind of wish I hadn't paid full price for so many books earlier on or used so many "just 10%" Kobo codes. But I don't really mind as I love books.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #767
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Wow, total of 4 on my wishlist today that came down to $.99, I'm so happy! Now if Kobo would have added Tangled I would have been ecstatic...

Anyways, Flat-Out Matt by Jessica Park just came down to $.99. This is the "sequel" to Flat-Out Love. [I guess after reading description it's not really a sequel but a "companion" to Flat-Out Love]

Last edited by Blue2u; 06-27-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: change description of book
Blue2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #768
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I need my favorite authors to get busy releasing their backlist titles in digital. I realized today my "Want in Digital List" now has over 75% of the books labeled as "not yet released"

Between paying full price for my favorites and all the sales we've had in the past few years, I am running out of books to buy I mean I can ALWAYS find a book to use a good Kobo coupon on , but I'm talking about the books I really want and know I will eventually read (or reread as the case may be). With so many good sales lately I kind of wish I hadn't paid full price for so many books earlier on or used so many "just 10%" Kobo codes. But I don't really mind as I love books.
Two of Kat Martin's backlist Midnight Rider & Innocence Undone were released in digital this week. I've been waiting for Midnight Rider. The price isn't bad either for a Agency book.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #769
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Blessed by HB Heinzer is FREE
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BUUQLL6

And (supposedly) today only for $0.99 is
Breathless by Eve Carter
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DH6IFSS
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #770
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Historical back-list box set deal for $0.99 on Kindle. Pre-Order for 7-8 delivery. Individually the books are all $2.99 - $3.99

Four Irresistible Rogues
  • Kissed - Tanya Anne Crosby (Avon 1995)
  • Captain of My Heart (Heroes of the Sea #2) - Danelle Harmon (Avon 1992)
  • Amber (Jewel #3) - Lauren Royal (Signet 2001)
  • Brighter than Gold (Western/Matthews #1) - Cynthia Wright (Ballentine 1990)
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #771
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well there is no slush pile today just very little slush. The places I get my freebies from showed 30 new books in all categories in the last 24 hours. So either something is broken or Amazon has taken a early holiday.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #772
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Well there is no slush pile today just very little slush. The places I get my freebies from showed 30 new books in all categories in the last 24 hours. So either something is broken or Amazon has taken a early holiday.
IKR? It's so weird.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #773
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
The Billionaire Bargain (Millionaire's Club) [Kindle Edition]
Barb Han (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Billionaire-Ba...154606011_f_25

Quote:
By choice or by force, everyone eventually walks out of Rae Stevens' life. Usually, she beats them to the punch. Now she is determined to save the father she barely knows, even if it means calling on the one man she can't forget.

Wealthy, powerful, and sinfully gorgeous Daegen Tan has it all. Except the one thing he truly wants: Rae, the woman who ended their passionate affair three years ago. He is determined to have her back in his bed. This time, he'll take pleasure in seducing her--and then he'll be the one to leave. Except his heart has other ideas.

Can Rae stay long enough to give him a chance? And will Daegen be able to convince her that he isn't going anywhere?
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #774
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
IKR? It's so weird.
It is! At first I thought it was just the one site but all 4 feeds I use have the same amount. So who knows what is going on.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #775
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Falling for Jack [Kindle Edition]
Joanne Hill (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Falling-for-Ja...154606011_f_54

Quote:
A heart-warming romance of second chances and self discovery, of family and the love that overcomes all. Set in New Zealand.

Jack Fletcher has survived his rough upbringing to become a mega success, but with his personal life down the toilet, discovering he has a son sends his life even further into turmoil.

Robyn Taylor was the brainy girl destined for great things who now waits tables for a living to support her twins. Life is a struggle, but when Jack convinces her he needs her to look after his son, the conditions are too good to turn down.

Robyn has always had a bit of a crush on Jack, but being this close means the crush is rapidly turning into something else altogether, and when Jack gets shocking news, it draws the two of them even closer together.

But how can Jack ever believe he can be a father to his son, and a husband to a woman who must learn not only how to trust him - but to have faith in herself as well.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #776
bookratt
Wizard

Lonesome Cowboy (Honky Tonk Hearts) [Kindle Edition]
Stacy Dawn (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Lonesome-Cowbo...154606011_f_75

Quote:
With a title under his belt, a purse in the bank, and a ring in his pocket, Marshall Dekes returned for the woman he loved...only to find her at the altar saying "I do" to another man.

Two years later, he's stunned to find Amy sitting at the bar of the Lonesome Steer Honky Tonk. Anger and resentment still burning, he lets her have it, refusing the forgiveness she seeks. But his world is turned upside down when he hears her cry of distress and finds himself helping with the unexpected birth of her child.

What his head can't forgive, his heart can't forget, and Amy staying with her cousin in nearby Redemption is too close for comfort. When events of the past start coming to light, he doesn't know if his heart is strong enough to risk a second chance at the life he'd all but given up on.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #777
bookratt
Wizard

For the Love of Ireland [Kindle Edition]
Judy Leslie (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/For-Love-Irela..._154606011_f_4

Quote:
Margaret Sullivan dines with politicians, rebels, and spies. She is an admired journalist with the Chicago Tribune publishing under a male nom de plume.
Her unscrupulous husband is a prominent attorney and power broker with aspirations of his own. They are well-connected members of Chicago’s 1880's Irish elite.

On her trip to Ireland to do research for a book she is writing, Margaret meets a charming one-armed Irish rebel named Michael and finds herself attracted to him and his ideas for liberating Ireland.

While traveling through the stone-walled back roads of the island, Margaret sees for herself how the poor are treated. She breaks her vow never to get involved, and soon questions if she can ever go back to her old superficial life in Chicago again. Overcome with her new found emotions and strong desire to help, Margaret finds herself easily convinced by Mrs. Delia Parnell that women can be just as crucial in the fight for Ireland’s independence as men.

Back home in Chicago Margaret publishes articles hoping to gain support in America for Michael’s cause. That is until he is arrested. Desperate, she turns to her jealous, devious husband for help...but he has a hidden agenda of his own.

Torn between her career as a journalist and compassion for those overseas, she finds herself trapped by her own aspirations. Soon things spin out of control both at home and abroad, and Margaret has to decide how much she is willing sacrifice for Micheal and her love for Ireland.

For The Love of Ireland is a historical novel of love and loyalty, deception and honesty. It is about women fighting against traditional roles and gender discrimination during the 1880s. For The Love of Ireland is a work of fiction woven around actual events of the Irish Land League, a Chicago couple and the covert activities of the Clan na Gael.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #778
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Let us know if you do. I have already repurchased all the ones I bought that were kepub. some during the big coupon sale in 2012. I never contacted support though. I've checked a few times and none of them have been updated.
When I first heard back they asked what I'd like and I requested they fix the book. Just got an email stating they would try to do so, but since they couldn't guanrantee it would be fixed soon they are issuing me a credit.

Even though it can still take a few days to hear back, I am finding Kobo's customer service of late to be much improved than from a few years ago and again from when Rakuten first took over.
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #779
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
When I first heard back they asked what I'd like and I requested they fix the book. Just got an email stating they would try to do so, but since they couldn't guanrantee it would be fixed soon they are issuing me a credit.

Even though it can still take a few days to hear back, I am finding Kobo's customer service of late to be much improved than from a few years ago and again from when Rakuten first took over.
That is good news! I haven't had any problems as of late. Thank goodness!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #780
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
It is! At first I thought it was just the one site but all 4 feeds I use have the same amount. So who knows what is going on.
Well something is definitely going on at Amazon because even the metadata information isn't working well in Calibre...

So far 2 $.99 deals today.
This one has mixed reviews but I'm intrigued by the premise so I took a chance, and I've had it on my wishlist so...Private Message by Daniella Torella
blurb:
---Adult themes and situations MATURE CONTENT---

Tess has never had sex. Believe it or not, she’s never had a decent kiss.

The aspiring Seattle painter and photographer is still recovering from the trauma of being beaten and nearly raped at a rock show nearly three years before. So she keeps life simple: she goes to school, goes to work in a coffee shop, goes home, goes on living.

But then Ben’s naked body crashes—almost literally—through Tess’s wall against the world.

Ben is doing his dad’s art-teacher girlfriend a favor when he agrees to pose nude for her drawing class. But what he draws is the interest of the irresistible punk-looking girl—and it’s interest he reciprocates, with interest.

Their sexual chemistry is too much to resist. But it’s when they have their clothes on that their heat quickly slips on ice. Ben’s womanizing history is one thing, but it’s history of another kind—related to that fateful night at the rock show—that threatens to tear the young lovers apart forever.

Deal #2 has very good ratings, Ruining Me by Nicole Reed
blurb: Eighteen year old Jay Stevenson is living a horrible nightmare.

Two years ago, she had the world in the palm of her hand, but in one moment, it was ruined. Secrets, lies, and the worst imaginable betrayal haunt her new reality. Burying her problems under a cold façade seems to be the only way to cope until it all catches up with her. Soon, she loses control of the lonely world she built around her, and the past, present, and future collide.

Three guys are there when it all comes crashing down: JT, the perfect boyfriend she never wanted to give up; Rhye, the local bad boy “rock star” who made her forget the past; and Kane, the funny and sweet tattooed bartender who wants her future.

Secrets must be kept. Choices must be made. Is it possible to move forward while still chained to the wicked vices of the past?

Recommended for readers 17+ due to sexual situations, violence, and language.