Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #721
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
I have more 45 & 55 Kobo codes for participants on this thread. If you want some PM me. If you've already gotten a bunch and want more . . PM me.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #722
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You would think Harlequin would send them the epub version already. If I was kobo I would be asking for them.
I've gone back and forth between Harlequin & Kobo CS on the issue for a few books and Harlequin has always sent new versions of the requested books. Getting Kobo to switch them out can be a bit of an issue though. Took me the better part of a year going back & forth with Kobo CS before I found out they'd updated the books in question a few weeks to a month after Hqn sent them, but they don't update the books on an account without it actually being requested (which means you have to know it was updated). This was a couple of years ago and may have changed now.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #723
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
They never did update the correct version for some of the ones I bought when Kobo first opened. I eventually just repurchased them during the big Harlequin sale a few years ago.

Harlequin's emails to me always claimed they couldn't be responsible for third-party vendors.

I was planning to just take out the duplicate chapter number headings, but there's so much wrong with the spacing (extra letters in words that shouldn't be there or no spacing between words that should have a space) I give up. I put them back on my buy list for the next time ARe or Harlequin has a 50% off sale.

I did email Kobo, so we'll see what repsonse I get.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #724
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
They never did update the correct version for some of the ones I bought when Kobo first opened. I eventually just repurchased them during the big Harlequin sale a few years ago.

Harlequin's emails to me always claimed they couldn't be responsible for third-party vendors.

I was planning to just take out the duplicate chapter number headings, but there's so much wrong with the spacing (extra letters in words that shouldn't be there or no spacing between words that should have a space) I give up. I put them back on my buy list for the next time ARe or Harlequin has a 50% off sale.

I did email Kobo, so we'll see what repsonse I get.
Let us know if you do. I have already repurchased all the ones I bought that were kepub. some during the big coupon sale in 2012. I never contacted support though. I've checked a few times and none of them have been updated.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 PM   #725
KalicoKat
KalicoKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KalicoKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KalicoKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KalicoKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KalicoKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KalicoKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KalicoKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KalicoKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KalicoKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KalicoKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KalicoKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_k View Post
For Science Fiction Romance readers, Tales from the SFR Brigrade - Free

It's an anthology. Authors include: Linnea Sinclair, Marcella Burnard, Erica Hayes, Liana Brooks, Pippa Jay, Berinn Rae, Amy Laurens, and Kyndra Hatch

Smashwords
I've been following the SFR Brigade's 2nd Midsummer Blog Hop and author Liana Brooks has her book Fey Lights free at Smashwords using the code LU93A

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/176914
KalicoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #726
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Speaking of Harlequin does anyone else dislike the new cover designs?

I think Super Romance covers are just so not interesting at all. No really romantic for a super romance The Blaze covers are all skin no real differences. I just find them bland, do you?
Old 06-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #727
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:

I think Super Romance covers are just so not interesting at all. No really romantic for a super romance The Blaze covers are all skin no real differences. I just find them bland, do you?
The subject matter of the super romance covers are ok, I just don't care for the undersaturated, wash-out theme they're applying to all of them
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #728
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
The subject matter of the super romance covers are ok, I just don't care for the undersaturated, wash-out theme they're applying to all of them
When I look at them I see scenery. The couple is far off unfocused in alot of them. It just doesn't strike me as the focal point of the covers. I am use to the couple being the focal point not the setting. It just seems lazy. HQIs still have it right and so does American Romance but the Super Romance and Blaze covers are just nothing that catches my eye.

They need to hire Kim Killion her covers are just awesome.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #729
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They often seem rather bland to me as well. My favorites were the old Silhouette Intimate covers circa 1992ish
Old 06-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #730
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
They often seem rather bland to me as well. My favorites were the old Silhouette Intimate covers circa 1992ish
I love SIM covers they are my favorite too! These two represent my two favorite types from the 90s. I pretty much just autobuy anything that has these type covers because that was when the SIM line was awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0373077289.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	107350   Click image for larger version

Name:	0373074239.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	107351  
Old 06-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #731
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:

Interesting thought, I have just finished replacingvthe covers on some of my Harlequins with the original covers. So, yeah, I tend to agree with you.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:03 AM   #732
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
Interesting thought, I have just finished replacingvthe covers on some of my Harlequins with the original covers. So, yeah, I tend to agree with you.
Here a perfect example of what I'm taking about. Why is the couple so far away and the title on top of them? I could care less about the settings it's out of focus anyway. It's just not romantic. It doesn't say Super Romance to me. It says just the opposite.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	16160112.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	107352  
Old 06-26-2013, 01:59 AM   #733
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Ha, I own both of those books!

Here are two (more) of my favorites:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cover - WP.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	107353   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover - RTTM.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	107354  
Old 06-26-2013, 02:03 AM   #734
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Ha, I own both of those books!

Here are two (more) of my favorites:
Me too! I love her writing. I still can't believe she wrote the first book in the Athena series but all her older stuff is gold!
Old 06-26-2013, 02:06 AM   #735
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Here a perfect example of what I'm taking about. Why is the couple so far away and the title on top of them? I could care less about the settings it's out of focus anyway. It's just not romantic. It doesn't say Super Romance to me. It says just the opposite.
The other problem is there is little to differentiate the lines now. The Superromances look the same as the Romantic Suspense look the same as the Presents and the Desires. The only uniqueness comes with the racier pictures for Blaze and the mostly image shots with sometimes people of the Love Inspired. But even then the book covers themselves blend together.