Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
bobj
Enthusiast
bobj is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Effort for DJVULibre and more?

I scan all my handwritten class notes at 600 DPI grayscale, and encode to DJVU. It works spectacularly for viewing/printing from a desktop computer, but fails miserably on Martijn's awesome new viewer.

Maybe reading a file that big is hopeless on the iLiad. But I really want a rock-solid DJVU viewer!!!

I'm wondering whether the technology now exists for us to successfully port DjView4 from DJVULibre and/or other utilities. There was an interesting discussion from late 2006 about various possibilities for a DJVU viewer. But things have progressed significantly since then. We have antartica's hacked libX11.so. Adam B. has had some success with QT4. Then yokos was struggling with QT4, but also had the idea of trying Evince.

We have some promising leads, but have they been pursued??? Has anyone tried to compile Evince? If Yokos and Adam B. work together, could they overcome the QT4 hurdles for DJVULibre? How tough would it be to throw something together which uses ddjvu?

I want more DJVU support! Please
bobj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
I second this request!!
Thank you,

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
bobj
Enthusiast
bobj is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Just so people know, I'm not just saying "Hey other people, please do this!" I've spent hours cranking away at with compilers with little to show. I keep running into problems. If anyone is willing to help me understand what's going wrong, I might be able to get Evince compiled myself.
bobj is offline   Reply With Quote