Notices

Old 03-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #31
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
My recent Cybook (NAEB's first 100) had Verdana and Georgia but not Courier.
That's odd. Mine was also in the NAEB first 100, but came with Courier, Georgia, and Verdana.
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:22 AM   #32
ggendel
Connoisseur
ggendel is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
Today I switched from Palatino Linotype to Adobe Warnock. Warnock is very legible even at small sizes and works great on the Cybook – for print I still prefer Palatino and Garamond though.
Did you have to convert it to truetype fonts, or does the Cybook handle Adobe font formats?

Gary
ggendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It supports TrueType and OpenType fonts.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 AM   #34
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
Did you have to convert it to truetype fonts, or does the Cybook handle Adobe font formats?

Gary
It's an OpenType font and thus I did not have to convert it as the Cybook supports TrueType and OpenType fonts.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #35
FrancisT
FrancisT is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook, Toshiba NB100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpa View Post
Also i need Unicode fonts for showing accented characters...
Palatino Linotype as mentioned by others is a unicode font. Using it I was able to display fully accented pages from a greek new testament which is about as obscure as you can get.

Last edited by FrancisT; 03-25-2008 at 03:45 PM.
FrancisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #36
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Speaking of favorite fonts, I've found that I really like using Constantia on my Cybook. It is supplied by Microsoft with Vista and Office 2007 (how I got it), but I believe is also available with the free Powerpoint 2007 viewer (for those using Windows machines).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:56 AM   #37
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
I'm in love with the Free UCS Outline Fonts from the GNU Project.

They may not be as beautiful as Palatino or some of the other fonts mentioned here, but they are extremely crisp and very, very legible. In fact, "Free Serif" is the first serif font I have no complaints about when used on that 600x800 e-ink screen.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #38
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
I had some trouble with too large line spacing with some fonts and now that I figured out how to fix that using FontForge, I'm a big fan of Dolly [review] which is free for educational purposes (you need to ask the creator Underware). As you can read in the review, Dolly is very robust and offers dark colour, which makes it perfect for the Cybook. The only downside is, that the ß (Geman Eszett) looks a bit unusal, but I bought a custom version adapted for me where the ß looks great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Speaking of favorite fonts, I've found that I really like using Constantia on my Cybook. It is supplied by Microsoft with Vista and Office 2007 (how I got it), but I believe is also available with the free Powerpoint 2007 viewer (for those using Windows machines).
Yes, the free Powerpoint 2007 viewer includes alle these new fonts and I have to say that Constantia looks very good!

Last edited by IceHand; 07-29-2008 at 06:39 AM.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote