Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2018, 03:36 PM   #16
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
I have not received the device yet but I'm pretty sure what he's referring to is the difference between IR and capacitive touchscreens. Kobos with IR touchscreens have noticeably better contrast and "blacker" blacks. It was instantly noticeable when comparing the Aura One to, say, the old H2O. The One looks more "washed out".

That said, I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Okay. Although that's one of the reasons I've avoided capacitive screens. I like the dark (high contrast) fonts. But I guess it would depend on how much of a difference there is. And, more importantly, it has nothing to do with the plastic substrate, which was my main worry — since that seems to be the coming trend.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:37 PM   #17
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
It was instantly noticeable when comparing the Aura One to, say, the old H2O. The One looks more "washed out".

That said, I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Just to add to that, as I too have KA1 and H2O. It is pretty obvious when you have two devices side by side.

But, on other hand, as I do read only one book at a time, with only one device (now KA1 is my main device), this is not noticeable in actual reading practice.

So yes, there's difference, but it doesn't matter to me. To someone it might...
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2018, 03:38 PM   #18
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
And, more importantly, it has nothing to do with the plastic substrate, which was my main worry — since that seems to be the coming trend.
Plastic is much better solution. Glass is the my main worry for my KA1.

Glass can be broken much easier than plastic.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #19
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
I posted images of my Forma here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...65#post3765165

I also have color-uniFORMAty issues along the fat edge.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote