Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-28-2022, 09:42 AM   #1
JeanJohn
JeanJohn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Unhappy Kobo Glo not recognized

Hi there,

With no reasons my Kobo Glo (0613) was not recognized anymore by my devices (PC laptop, iMac, Macbook Pro), but was still charging. So, after trying every possible USB cables and USB ports, I've started a factory reset (<- stupid).

Now my Kobo keeps charging with a decent USB cable and the welcome screen asks me to go on www.kobosetup.com and download the Kobo Desktop App in order to configure my Kobo. That done and my device still connected, the tablet keeps being unrecognized...

Is there a way to re-install the OS without going with the Kobo App if my Kobo doesn't show up in MAC or PC operating system's explorers?

Thanks by advance for helping a clumsy nonerdy Kobo user !

JeanJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, kobo, set up