Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #1
alandr
alandr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Global
Question regarding collections

Hi

I have now made 4 collections and put some books into them. If my homepage is listed by 'collections', then I see the 4 collections, then the book I am currently reading, then the rest of my books that are *not* in any collection. OK. But as I like the book I am reading at the top, I sort by 'latest first'. However, now I see:-

My current book
My 4 collections
The rest of my books but **including** the books in the collections.

Is that correct?
alandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
You can also go inside your collections and have it sorted by Most Recent First.

Right now I have my home page sorted by title with each of my main collections named with a double underscore at the start so that my collections will be at the front of the list. Then I can open whichever collection and those are sorted by most recent first.

I also keep my series books in collections with a single underscore at the front, so my home page looks like the following:

__Classics
__Fantasy
__Misc
__Mystery & Thriller
__Sci-fi
_Death Gate Cycle
_Honor Harrington Series
_Legacy of the Aldenata
_Sword of Truth
_Xanth
etc...
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote