Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
Gho57
Gho57 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
[DX]Primary Dictionary

I want to replace Amazon Oxford Dictionary with new one italian<->italian.

I have Mobipocket Dictionary in .prc file. Kindle dx recognise the new dictionary but look up don't work. Works perfectly only in search option.

How can i make it work with look up?
Gho57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Did you follow the instructions in the Kindle user's guide for replacing your default dictionary with the Mobipocket dictionary?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
Gho57
Gho57 began at the beginning.

yes, and it's easy.

But new dictionary don't work with lookup, only in "search mode".
Gho57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
If the dictionary is ENTIRELY in italian - it may not fully integrate with the DX. I suggest calling Amazon Customer Support to find out if a non-English dictionary can replace the default one. Let us know what you find out!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #5
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I don't think it can. But there might be some modified dictionaries on the web that might.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 03:55 AM   #6
LucasCorso
Enthusiast
LucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litterLucasCorso doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gho57 View Post
I want to replace Amazon Oxford Dictionary with new one italian<->italian.

I have Mobipocket Dictionary in .prc file. Kindle dx recognise the new dictionary but look up don't work. Works perfectly only in search option.

How can i make it work with look up?

Maybe this thread will help you: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60103
It seems to me the software in the Kindle doesn't like dictionaries set to other languages than English. So you only need to patch your file and make it... "compatible". It's easy in fact and it will work after that without problems.
Hopefully one day Amazon will make Kindle friendlier for their international customers...
LucasCorso is offline   Reply With Quote