Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
DanDon
DanDon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question How to update a jailbroaken KT?

I jailbroke my newly bought Kindle Touch using ixtab's data.tar.gz method and get localized following the instrutions as mentioned in this thread.
And Amazon released an update to 5.1.0 for KT of late, but many chanced upon update failures as they are discussing here.
I want to update my kindle to the lastest firmware version as the landscape mode is awesome to me.
So, would anyone please tell me how to uninstall jailbreak (since I searched the forum for intructions for doing so but didn't find any such instructions) or any other approach that can be used to update the device even without uninstallation of the jailbreak?

Thanks in advance and appreciate your reply!

PS: once I update to 5.1.0, can I jailbreak it again since I want to chage the default fonts. THX!
DanDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
You may try this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I upgraded successfully after a factory reset. Not need to uninstall any hack or jailbreak.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
DanDon

Quote:
You may try this:
It's very kind of you to inform me of your first-hand experience~ many thanks! But I still have a few questions, by which means did you jailbreak ur kindle, coz i find there are more than one way to jailbreak the device, like Yifanlu's approach (seems more complicated to me than ixtab's), and second, many other guys mention in that thread the *Launcher*, what does this thing refer to?

Thanks again for your answer!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDon View Post
It's very kind of you to inform me of your first-hand experience~ many thanks! But I still have a few questions, by which means did you jailbreak ur kindle, coz i find there are more than one way to jailbreak the device, like Yifanlu's approach (seems more complicated to me than ixtab's), and second, many other guys mention in that thread the *Launcher*, what does this thing refer to?
it would be better if you look at to this thread which is directly related with this subject.

I use the latest jailbreak of yifanlu and installed most of the hacks except localization. and launcher is one of those.

However, if you did not know what launcher stands for , most probably you don't need to worry about it.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #5
DanDon

Thank you, thomass, I successfully update my kindle to 5.1.0, without uninstallation of jailbreak but localization.
Thanks for ur help again!
Quote:
it would be better if you look at to this thread which is directly related with this subject.

I use the latest jailbreak of yifanlu and installed most of the hacks except localization. and launcher is one of those.

However, if you did not know what launcher stands for , most probably you don't need to worry about it.
Advert