Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #241
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Now I see the problem. Lots of posters here do NOT even own a PW 2013 AND an HDX 2013. No wonder they hate Amazon. They are here to vent only how bad Amazon is to justify their purchases of IPADS. BLOL. Others have given up their Kindles and purchased a Nexus. They have LEFT the Amazon Branded fold. Good luck to them when all the Nexus flaws turn up and the Nexus CS doesn't help them or charges a huge restocking fee for returns.

I only buy Amazon Kindles and really do not care what non-Amazon owners think. Their complaints are irrelevant to the Amazon loyalists.

Maybe they should buy some Amazon Kindles and see what they are missing.

By the way, some may not have noticed but this is the Kindle part of the Forum, not the iPad part. I've never posted anything to the iPad part.

When I owned a Sony PRS-505, I only posted in the Sony part of the Forum and never even read anything in this part.

I still think the Amazon Collections are a great improvement for both the PW 2013 AND the HDX 2013. Each firmware upgrade adds one more advantage to using these devices. Amazon should be expected to improve the latest devices and forget the older ones.

Car manufacturers producing self-driving cars these days never go back to old models to make them self-driving. Its the way of PROGRESS.

When October, 2014, rolls around, I will be buying the newest models again and forget this year's models other than using them for Christmas gifts at that time.
Dear Simaru

You really hate other users don't you. This thread is for the discussion of the update that allows Cloud Collections. Since that has been implemented on an iPad and an iPhone as part of this upgrade my comments are as valid, in fact even more so, than yours. And for your information, not that I think you actually warrent any information, I own 4 Kindles at the present time and have owned another 4 more. I do not, and never will, own a Kindle Fire as I think the iPad is superior in every way.

Every time I come to this thread I get insulted by you. Kindly keep your comments to yourself.

Regards

Josie
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #242
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Each year the Kindle hardware CHANGES for all the new models. Thus, firmware for the new models cannot be run on last year's models.
Sure it can; Apple manages to do it. Amazon's just too lazy.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #243
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Here is the proper thread for discussing the Kindle App on the IPAD:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227279

I am NOT interested in iPads with or without a Kindle App.

Plus, refrain from ad homs, they do not fit into any thread.

This particular thread is about the Goodreads implementation on Kindle HARDWARE.
One you are not a moderator and can't say what can be said here or can't. Others may be interested in what cloud collections affect their iOS or other devices. This is a Kindle Forum so anything Kindle goes. Kindle App for iOS is a Kindle too.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-21-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #244
Forbid
Probably Procrastinating
Forbid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Go to your Reading Shelf in Goodreads and click "Upgrade Status." Then enter your percent location.
I know how to update my status on Goodreads... I have the iOS and Android app along with using the website. What I want to be able to do is update it seamlessly through my kindle, which is kind of what I expected "Goodreads Integration" to mean when they announced it.

I mean who wants to mess with their shelves via the kindle other than to add a purchased book? This app seems completely useless since you have to update your status via a different path anyway. I'd rather update my shelves and such on the PC.
Forbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #245
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Here is the proper thread for discussing the Kindle App on the IPAD:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227279

I am NOT interested in iPads with or without a Kindle App.

Plus, refrain from ad homs, they do not fit into any thread.

This particular thread is about the Goodreads implementation on Kindle HARDWARE.
According to the forum software:
Quote:
Amazon Kindle
Discuss the Amazon Kindle devices and Kindle Software. Includes the Kindle models, Kindle 4 PC, Kindle 4 Mac and Kindle Cloud Reader.
Tell you what, we can ask the website admins to add Kindle for iOS to the list, even though it is included in "includes", just for your usage scenario.

You quoted the iPad general forum, which is ALSO a good place to discuss Kindle for iOS.

Ad hominem??? I called your arguments stupid, and they are.

We are now so this is officially my last response to you. This ends now.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #246
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
This may have been lost in the flame war, so I will repeat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
To be perfectly honest, having now read several books on my Nexus 7.2 and iThingies since buying the PW2, whenever I turn on the PW2 and try to read on it I realize immediately how terrible it is. I think I got one of those like Xendula got that was peed on. Trying to read on my PW2 is like looking at fuzzy, light text through a yellow cloud. I now give it a 2 star rating and wish I had returned it and kept my KT instead. Reading on the newer high resolution device screens that many Android and iOS devices come with is so much better than the crappy eInk screens. Except in sunlight of course.
You can try buying another KT, Amazon and eBay will have them, and if you get the ones ranked "Used -- Like New" then it should be perfectly good. There are also eBay refurbished KT's, and you can also try to find an Amazon Warehouse Deal. Right now they have this offer, and as a Warehouse Deal ranked Like New:

From the Warehouse Deals FAQ
Quote:
Like New - A "like new"" item sold on Amazon Warehouse Deals is in perfect condition, but due to the condition of the packaging, it does not meet Amazon.com standards for new product. For customer-returned product, it's possible that the previous customer opened and removed the product from the original packaging. If a returned item comes back in perfect physical condition and through our testing process we determine the working condition is perfect, the item may be deemed "like new." Physical damage to the outer box of a factory-sealed item in our warehouse can also lead to the condition being taken from Amazon.com "new" to Amazon Warehouse Deals "like new."
I avoided this problem by keeping my KT.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #247
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Go to your Reading Shelf in Goodreads and click "Upgrade Status." Then enter your percent location.

I don't know if it upgrades automatically every time one syncs to the Amazon server yet after the initial entry.
There is no "Upgrade status" on Goodreads on the PW2.
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #248
jswinden
Nameless Being

I just browsed through the KBoard and Amazon forum discussions for 5.4.2. For once they are mostly in agreement with our discussion. I've never seen so many people pissed off at Amazon over a single issue! Hopefully all these people will write emails to Amazon voicing their concerns and disappointments.

And BTW, I know it is tempting to argue with our resident antagonist, but we are only tilting at windmills, and soliciting even more garbage from him. It is better to click on his name and select the ignore feature.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #249
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Upgrade status at web site

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post
There is no "Upgrade status" on Goodreads on the PW2.
I mentioned above that the Upgrade Status has to be accessed at the Goodreads web site.

Also, the HDX 2013 implementation has TWELVE pages versus one page on the PW 2013. They are not the same.

So far as future updates at Goodreads, I don't know yet how it will work. I just updated my two current eBooks yesterday. I have no idea if syncing will make them upgrade again until I try it. Syncing may only work from the HDX 2013 and not the PW 2013. I am not sure yet.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-21-2013 at 05:06 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #250
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Bad week for Lab 126... not only have they made a right mess of the update, but today also saw the release of a JB for the PW2
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #251
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #252
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I just browsed through the KBoard and Amazon forum discussions for 5.4.2. For once they are mostly in agreement with our discussion. I've never seen so many people pissed off at Amazon over a single issue! Hopefully all these people will write emails to Amazon voicing their concerns and disappointments.

And BTW, I know it is tempting to argue with our resident antagonist, but we are only tilting at windmills, and soliciting even more garbage from him. It is better to click on his name and select the ignore feature.
I didn't actually know I could block comments : so thank you I've just blocked my first mobileread poster
Old 11-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #253
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

And life is now so much more peaceful

Thats me with my KOBO Aura by the way............suuuussssh don't let my Paperwhite see me. it my cry.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #254
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

TAKE A MOMENT TO READ THESE POINTS, PLEASE:

1) Tone down the rhetorical blasting toward one another and try to be courteous. (The effort might be returned.)

2) No one has the right to call another member a troll. - Use the 'Report' button if you feel someone is trolling this thread.

3) No one but a Moderator has the right to decide if a post is in the correct place or not.

4) Stop the bickering....

5) PLEASE!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-21-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #255
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Bad week for Lab 126... not only have they made a right mess of the update, but today also saw the release of a JB for the PW2
Wow The PW2 now has Jailbreak this is great! It's once step closer to custom fonts!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote