Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #106
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I've read the code, any exit direction should be okay. but down works best I guess.

Graphic updated as penance.

feel free to rip for your documentation...

perhaps a ? button and an eips -g help.png would be useful...

Just a thought...
Yes, I will! And will also add your help images to the first thread

P.S. the shortcut should work ONLY if you click on the status bar then leave it, as far as I know... maybe this does happen also when sliding orizzontally because you leave the area unknowingly

After some careful tests it seems to work also while sliding orizzontally... weird

Last edited by Aeris; 11-13-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #107
Aeris
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0 released. Even if there is still a KindleNotes bug to fix for Touches
Advert
Old 11-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #108
Basem Alm-Eldin
Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Basem Alm-Eldin can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you so much for your wonderful work,
two issues here:
1- My paperwhite status bar keeps its value for example "Wireless is now OFF" when Kindle Menu exits. Need to revert its value to the dafault one for example "Basem's Kindle" after Kindle Menu exits.
2- what is the easiest way to change whiteboard font thinkness and to close it.
Basem Alm-Eldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #109
Aeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basem Alm-Eldin View Post
Thank you so much for your wonderful work,
two issues here:
1- My paperwhite status bar keeps its value for example "Wireless is now OFF" when Kindle Menu exits. Need to revert its value to the dafault one for example "Basem's Kindle" after Kindle Menu exits.
2- what is the easiest way to change whiteboard font thinkness and to close it.
Thank you for your report.

1) I'm aware about the status bar problem; currently, it can't be fixed directly (I can't restore the previous content of the title bar), but I was already thinking to switch to another kind of notification to avoid the use of the status bar Maybe it will be in the next Kindle Menu release
2) What do you mean with font thickness? Whiteboard is a simple drawing app... if you mean line thickness, it can't be done in whiteboard, but you could consider to use Rgbpaint instead. For exiting the app, simply press the power button!

Last edited by Aeris; 11-21-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #110
Aeris

Kindle Menu updated to v 1.1

With the new release (v 1.1), you get a new notification method + an easy way to add custom shortcuts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_23T00_50_36+0100.png
Views:	321
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	115604   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_23T00_56_54+0100.png
Views:	314
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	115605  
Advert
Old 11-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #111
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
I love the new custom shortcuts. Very well implemented.

Now a HUGE idea - automatically parse all the menu.json files Lots of work, as you can see by looking at KUALs updates and functions.

Again, very impressed so far. Thank you.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #112
Aeris

v. 1.2 released

Some bugs fixed with the latest release. Please update.

v 1.2 Changelogs:
Quote:
- Fixed non-appearing menu bug, introduced in v 1.1
- Fixed support for more then 4 custom shorcuts. Now you can add
up to 30 shorcuts
- Better support for shorcuts scripts. Now, before launching the script,
Kindle Menu will enter the script folder, just like KUAL does
- If Midori and KOreader has not been installed, their entry is removed
from Kindle Menu

Quote:
Now a HUGE idea - automatically parse all the menu.json files Lots of work, as you can see by looking at KUALs updates and functions.
Eheh Brian, you are not the first asking for that! It would be quite a pain for me, due to time required... If somebody is willing to make that in my place, he would be really welcome!
Old 11-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #113
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
I love the new custom shortcuts. Very well implemented.

Again, very impressed so far. Thank you.
The KUAL parser is a huge piece of work.
Not going to be easy for one person to duplicate its functions.

- - - -

Hmm...
Although the K5 devices ship with a Lua / JSON parser installed.
A "functional equivalent" might be possible for a single person.

Last edited by knc1; 11-23-2013 at 10:04 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #114
Aeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The KUAL parser is a huge piece of work.
Not going to be easy for one person to duplicate its functions.

- - - -

Hmm...
Although the K5 devices ship with a Lua / JSON parser installed.
A "functional equivalent" might be possible for a single person.
Maybe I don't even a command line JSON parser. I just found that JSON is already supported out-of-the box from javascript language, and Kindle seem to support JSON.parse command too, in js. It seems I'll be finally able to parse json files, when I've some spare time

Last edited by Aeris; 11-24-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #115
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Maybe I don't even a command line JSON parser. I just found that JSON is already supported out-of-the box from javascript language, and Kindle seem to support JSON.parse command too, in js. It seems I'll be finally able to parse json files, when I've some spare time
The main reason KUAL does the parsing the 'hard way' is to support the older devices.

But your menu is K5-only -
So it may be possible, but be warned, it will probably be a big job.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #116
Aeris

By now, I've been able to parse the first level

I'll continue tomorrow.

P.S. as usual, it shows up instantly
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_24T19_32_46+0100.png
Views:	301
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	115700  
Old 11-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #117
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Whilst I totally support this - and think it is awesome - the whole point of KUAL was the "unified" bit, I.E, works on all devices.

But amazing work Aeris

Very smart.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #118
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
Maybe I don't even a command line JSON parser. I just found that JSON is already supported out-of-the box from javascript language, and Kindle seem to support JSON.parse command too, in js.
Yeah. After all, It's JavaScript Object Notation.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #119
Aeris

Ok guys, job finished. Javascript launcher done and working, in only 8kb of space (standalone) Kindle Menu updated, screenshot below.

Everything seems to work well, execept... a really few scripts!

In particular, I found that these three scripts doesn't work properly:

- runit, from luakit package. (or, better, it starts but the executable fails. No problems with Midori instead)
- Toggle OFF on wakeup
- Pwchess

Sorry but I give up with this problem for now, I spent a lot of time with it and still cannot figure out why in the world these things, if launched from nativeBridge instead of KUAL, don't work.

The javascript command I use is the following:

Quote:
nativeBridge.setLipcProperty( "com.lab126.system", "sendEvent", "; sh -c 'cd /path/containing/the/script; DISPLAY=:0 script.sh'");
I bundle here two of the three non-launching scripts I've found, so you could maybe help me guessing what make them "special", and run only with KUAL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot_2013_11_25T14_25_55+0100.png
Views:	305
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	115738  
Attached Files
File Type: zip stuff.zip (593.0 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by Aeris; 11-25-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #120
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
LINT=`lipc-get-prop com.lab126.powerd flIntensity`

That's a non absolute path.

did you try changing directory to the right one and/or setting the paths

For example if KUAL would normally run from a certain directory perhaps cd to that and then invoke the .sh scripts.

also perhaps set the PATH to be
export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:$PATH to cover you for non "explicitly absolute" invocations like the one above.

Just a guess

The chess one appears to be a gtk wrapper around another binary gnuchess. Again could be path related. Just a guess. That one I think I would also include the path the the binaries themselves in that PATH export (/mnt/us/extensions/pwchess or w/e) - just in case it was invoked like "gnuchess" rather than an absolute path.

Hope it helps.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons