Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #616
Solarin
Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Voyage
Yeah, only one person complained and then the person who wrote the most detailed review explicitly said he or she had no problems with that. Good thinking about cutting it out, my current case just has a cut-out for the power button, I think that works a lot better than covering it up with a rubber button.

For the one you linked, it has no cut-out because it looks like it's for the paperwhite. Maybe the same company made Voyage friendly ones?
Solarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #617
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
After a couple days using the Amazon's leather Kindle Voyage case I can say i like it but it has a couple things I wish were different.

First, I really wish the inside edge (the felt side) was rounded over. Holding the Voyage one handed I tend to have a pinky finger along the bottom and partly because of the over the top style and partly just because the cover has sharp edges this isn't comfortable for me. The bottom edge bugs me the most but the sides get me a little too.

Second, it doesn't feel like the Voyage is well secured in the case at all when I am using it. Any pressure from the bottom edge causes it to slide up and out. Even a small lip at the top would prevent that but it isn't there.

I am not going to return it, I trust their quality, but I am glad I was able to get a warehouse deal for a like new one instead of paying full price.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2016, 08:27 PM   #618
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post

Ooooo - and then they show me this one (though it has NO cutout for the power button in back). It's still gorgeous, and tempting!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0185WN664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarin View Post

For the one you linked, it has no cut-out because it looks like it's for the paperwhite. Maybe the same company made Voyage friendly ones?
I don't see one. AND they bill this as "for any 6" reader" .... and the last photo DOES have a Voyage in it (the close up shot of the corner holders). Ahh, well.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:13 AM   #619
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
After a couple days using the Amazon's leather Kindle Voyage case I can say i like it but it has a couple things I wish were different.

First, I really wish the inside edge (the felt side) was rounded over. Holding the Voyage one handed I tend to have a pinky finger along the bottom and partly because of the over the top style and partly just because the cover has sharp edges this isn't comfortable for me. The bottom edge bugs me the most but the sides get me a little too.
I feel the same way about the hard edges. It's not super comfy.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #620
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Dazrin, the retention strength must vary, either sample to sample or leather to plastic model. My plastic version holds the Voyage amazingly well. Out of curiosity I pushed on all the edges to see if mine will lever out easily as you describe. Nope, rock solid. Takes a significant force to dislodge the reader. Maybe you can swap with someone you see in the 'wild' just to compare.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2016, 05:33 PM   #621
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarin View Post
Has anyone used this Verso case?
That's one beautiful case... and it would have been perfect if they had found a way to keep it closed using a magnet. One option would be a tiny magnetic strip in the right hand rim.

I really don't like the rubber band to keep it closed.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:16 PM   #622
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
I feel the same way about the hard edges. It's not super comfy.
I ended up folding it back and then running my finger nail around the edges as hard as I could a couple times to soften them. It helps quite a bit but still isn't great. I will probably do this again at some point, maybe using something harder but rounded to prevent damage. I have more feedback and therefore control by just using my fingernail though. I am getting used to the edge though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Dazrin, the retention strength must vary, either sample to sample or leather to plastic model. My plastic version holds the Voyage amazingly well. Out of curiosity I pushed on all the edges to see if mine will lever out easily as you describe. Nope, rock solid. Takes a significant force to dislodge the reader. Maybe you can swap with someone you see in the 'wild' just to compare.
It isn't so much that it levers out it is that it slides up. It takes less force to slide the KV than it would to lever it up. Again, a small lip on the upper edge would have solved this. Really, this issue isn't that big of a deal just something I wish they would have done. It is more of a perception that something is wrong than an actual concern because dropping the Kindle on anything harder than a padded carper will provide much more energy than needed to pop the Kindle out of the case if it is open and it hits at the wrong angle.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:14 PM   #623
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
I can't really recommend the Forefront case. Except that it's cheap.

My main problem with it is that if it is folded (opened) all the way back, so the front of the cover is flat on the back of the KV, the "sleep/wake" magnet always turns off the Kindle. If you let the cover twist slightly when you do this, it stays on. But for people who want everything just right, it's very annoying.

And to stand it up portrait-wise, it's always a bit unsteady.

I didn't like the idea of the Origami flip-top version, but it's looking a lot more attractive now.
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:20 PM   #624
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
Well I have this one coming. Hoping for the best. It looked like what I was after. It takes a while to get here but I am not in a rush. I'll let you know how it works out.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #625
Solarin
Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Solarin knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Voyage
Ater my Omoton case's spine got frayed out after just a month or two of use, I've finally joined the bandwagon and bought the leather Origami case. Now that I have it, I regret not getting it sooner. I love how the front sticks magnetically to the back when reading, and the stand is surprisingly convenient and sturdy.

The only downside is how the sides are not covered when closed, but I have a sleeve that the kindle + case fits into when I need to drop it in a bag.
Solarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:21 AM   #626
charlyee
Book Addict
charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlyee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, iPad Air 2, Surface 3
I am still happy with my WALNEW case in Blue Night. I am thinking of ordering a black one for a less flamboyant look
charlyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:55 PM   #627
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
Well my case came in much sooner than expected. Took about a week.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

So far I like it. It seems well made to me. I like the feature where the front cover snaps and is held in place when opened all the way back. That's how I usually read.
Time will tell how durable it is but I have high hopes.
Marty
Martyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:50 PM   #628
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDG1 View Post
I am still happy with my WALNEW case in Blue Night. I am thinking of ordering a black one for a less flamboyant look
I bought the black flower and its a lovely case.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #629
el_topo50
Connoisseur
el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage (5.7.2.1. JB)
I have bought two iGadgitz
http://www.amazon.com/iGadgitz-Leath...iGadgitz+U3315

One in red, one in black, and really love them.

Small, light, good finish, good magnet closure, sleep/wake function, slim and low profile.
Really like them!!!
el_topo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:29 PM   #630
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_topo50 View Post
I have bought two iGadgitz
http://www.amazon.com/iGadgitz-Leath...iGadgitz+U3315

One in red, one in black, and really love them.

Small, light, good finish, good magnet closure, sleep/wake function, slim and low profile.
Really like them!!!
Looks a lot like the ACcase that I got. I like the minimal-ness.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote