Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-03-2021, 05:49 PM   #556
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmoore View Post
Has any managed to configure ImportList to parse a webpage from any of the sites that show all books for an author in reading order, for example from https://www.bookseries.org/authors/harlan-coben/ ?

Using the predefined option Fantastic Fiction, seems to give the Title but not the series.
Hi, I went to the site and noticed that if you copy the columns only for the series number, title, and publication year, you can easily paste it into excel or any other spreadsheet program and edit it to import into Calibre.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:40 AM   #557
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Version 1.8.0

Changes for the upcoming PyQt6.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2022, 02:01 PM   #558
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
How does this work? Cannot access installed plug-in

Hello, please forgive me if I've overlooked something simple. I've looked!

I tried to use the plug-in after updating it (I'm on all updated info as of 3.25.22). I haven't used it prior. However, I cannot figure out how to configure or access it at all. Nothing is on the toolbars or the Right-Click shortcut menu.

I went to Preferences/Plug-in's to the Import List to attempt to configure that way in case I missed adding to the Toolbar during install somehow. There is NOTHING to configure. I can't match up access to any "use" photos you have in the plug-in description.

I've attached pictures of what I get.

BLANK config screens. I can cancel or click OK...with OK I get an error. I included details of that error also.

Help appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Import List Screenshot 2022-03-25 135257.png
Views:	124
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	192938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Import List if click OK Screenshot 2022-03-25 135338.png
Views:	128
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	192939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Import List Error details Screenshot 2022-03-25 135428.png
Views:	118
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	192940  
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 04:59 PM   #559
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Corrected
Try the Clear button . it appears that the entry has become corrupt., then Apply

FWIW the blank setting will populate once you use the PI (it basically saves the last used values)

Last edited by theducks; 03-25-2022 at 05:01 PM. Reason: errors
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 11:41 PM   #560
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Import List plugin does not really have any separate configuration. You use the plugin and it remembers what you last did. That is "View library preferences" shows and the clear is to remove those options. I think the error is because there is nothing to save.

Try running the plugin and see what happens.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2022, 02:36 AM   #561
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecilop View Post
Hello, please forgive me if I've overlooked something simple. I've looked!

I tried to use the plug-in after updating it (I'm on all updated info as of 3.25.22). I haven't used it prior. However, I cannot figure out how to configure or access it at all.

Nothing is on the toolbars or the Right-Click shortcut menu.
It's probably off the right edge of the Main Toolbar, the overflow chevron is hard to see in Windows Dark Mode

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-26 173217.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	192950

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 07:30 PM   #562
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Help Needed with Import List Plug-in

Some help, please! I'm trying to import a CSV list into Calibre and I'm getting the following error message:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 5.38.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnicodeDecodeError</b>:'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x96 in position 3948: invalid start byte

calibre 5.38 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 15) && DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Count Pages (1, 11, 2) && EpubMerge (2, 13, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 3, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 1, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 5) && Import List (1, 8, 2) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 3) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Reading List (1, 9, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.import_list.tab_csv", line 335, in _choose_file
File "calibre_plugins.import_list.tab_csv", line 339, in _on_file_change
File "calibre_plugins.import_list.tab_csv", line 396, in _populate_csv_table
File "calibre_plugins.import_list.tab_csv", line 389, in _csv_to_rows
File "codecs.py", line 322, in decode
File "encodings\utf_8_sig.py", line 69, in _buffer_decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x96 in position 3948: invalid start byte

I've never had any trouble before with the plug-in in the past but, IIRC, this is the first time I'm importing a list since upgrading to Calibre 5.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	calibre error message.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	193911  
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:25 PM   #563
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Ok, it's working now. I removed and reloaded the plug-in and everything is back to normal.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:03 AM   #564
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Moderator Notice
Questions about plugins should be posted in the appropriate plugin thread.

I'm merging this thread into the Import List thread.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 10:53 PM   #565
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Windows 10 - Some of the dialogues are hard to see in Dark mode, they use pale grey text on white background - e.g. Step 3.

Had to switch Look & Feel->Colour Palette from System default to Light.

BR
Old 07-31-2022, 08:33 AM   #566
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Windows 10 - Some of the dialogues are hard to see in Dark mode, they use pale grey text on white background - e.g. Step 3.

Had to switch Look & Feel->Colour Palette from System default to Light.

BR
This was reported before. I was not able to replicate it so was not able to solve the problem. Had another look at the code, and nothing jumps out at me. Maybe someone else can help with that.
Old 07-31-2022, 06:09 PM   #567
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
This was reported before. I was not able to replicate it so was not able to solve the problem. Had another look at the code, and nothing jumps out at me. Maybe someone else can help with that.
Windows dark mode users will have to remember to change the mode before using IL, which for me is rarely. Less of an issue now there's Colour palette setting in Preferences->Look & Feel.

BR
Old 08-10-2022, 03:13 AM   #568
capink
Wizard

Version 1.8.4

Version 1.8.4
  • Update: update to calibre6 icon themes. Code borrowed from @JimmXinu.
Old 09-12-2022, 01:41 PM   #569
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Can someone take a hard look at the Import list: Webpage
(I use Fantastic Fiction, but I think the issue goes deeper)
I sometime use this to build a wishlist entry so, I use Match Empty

The issue is If one of the books does not have an identifier, the identifier of other books gets skewed (wrong book) when it hits the Library, and that results in either a 'Not found' or entirely the wrong books metadata/cover being retrieved LATER On.

FWIW Series is also erratic. Sometimes yes, sometimes not retrieved
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 03:28 AM   #570
jpkar
jpkar began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook
Eigene Spalten für die "länge" meiner Videos hinzufügen und anschl. mit "Import List"

Hallo Zusammen,
ich verwalte mit Calibre Videos!
Nun würde ich gerne die Metadaten aus den Videos, in entsprechend zu erstellende "Eigene Spalten", mit "Import List" importieren.
In einem ersten Schritt habe ich dazu versucht eine Eigene Spalte für die Länge des Videos zu erstellen und zu importieren.
Die Metadaten aus den Videos liegen mir als csv-Datei vor.
Beispiel:
"Name","Author","Length"
"Beispieltitel","TestAutor","00:14:16"

Hier die eigentliche Frage: Wie muss die "Eigene Spalte": "länge" des Videos formatiert sein damit der Import funktioniert?

Beim Importversuch erhalte ich die Fehlermeldung:

Column "#länge" must contain only data of type "int".
The following rows have invalid type for column #länge:
row (1) => 00:14:16

Vielen Dank
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	196484   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	41.1 KB