Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
[GUI Plugin] Reading List

This plugin is for a number of users who have requested a "Reading List" ability for their library, allowing them to keep track of which books they would like to read next and in which order. You can have multiple lists per library per device.

This plugin has also integrated all the functionality of the now deprecated Book Sync plugin, allowing you to synchronise list(s) to a device either manually or automatically when it is connected.

You also have the ability to generate lists based on the content of your device. In combination with the ability to apply tags or populate a custom column based on membership in a list, this provides an easy way to keep track of books on your device(s) while they are not connected.

Main Features:
  • Create one or more independent lists of books, per library
  • Lists can be manually populated, auto-populated based on books on a device, or auto-populated based on a tag/custom column value
  • Add all books with the same series series name for the selected books to a list
  • Order the contents of a list (for manual lists, order is viewable in calibre only, not on the device)
  • Optionally specify a tag or custom column value to be added when books are put on the list and/or removed when taken off the list
  • Optionally sync each list to one or more devices, a folder or iTunes
  • Specify whether list sync should add only new items not on device, add all items every time, remove all items that are on the list, or replace all items on the device with the list
  • Optionally force a sync to the device of your list if adding while it is connected
  • Optionally populate a custom series column with your reading list order, for constant visibility within calibre or content server
  • Optionally force Kindle Collections to be recreated after a sync (Kindle owners only, requires the Kindle Collections plugin)
  • Configure devices and the names for individual storage locations
  • View the contents of your list in the library view sorted in list sequence.
  • Remove books from your list, move books between lists and clear lists.
  • Shortcuts customisable in a configuration dialog

Special Notes:
Paypal Donations:
  • If you find this or any of my other plugins useful please feel free to show your appreciation. I have spent many hundreds of unpaid hours in their development and support so any encouragement for me to continue is appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reading List.zip (370.9 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by kiwidude; 03-16-2024 at 11:52 PM. Reason: New version
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
witeowl
Hopeless Geek
witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color (manual nooter)
Nice. I've admired (and taken advantage of) your work in plugins for a while.

Any chance that it can be set to add or remove a tag? With my Sony reader, I use tags for collections, and that added feature would make it extraordinarily easy to manage my reading list on my device.
witeowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could you elaborate? Do you mean add books to a list based on a tag, or add a tag to books on a list? Or something else?
Old 05-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
witeowl
Hopeless Geek
witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.witeowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Of course. What I mean to have the plugin automatically add a (customizable) tag when the book is added to the reading list and remove it when the book is removed from the list.

What I'm doing right now is adding the tag "-next read" to books I want to read soon to manually create a reading list. This becomes an easy-to-access collection on my reader. Though it's no big deal to do it manually, this plug-in looks like it could nicely automate (and enhance) the process. Obviously the collection on my reader would lack the nice ordering, but we can't have everything.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.0.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add option to add tags when book added to list, and remove tags when removed from list
Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
witeowl
Hopeless Geek

Well... That... Just... Rocks!
Old 05-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
That is a nice addition, is there any chance you can do the same thing for a custom column? I use a secondary tag field for the same thing. But if not, no worries I can live without it, this is absolutely awesome because now I can decide in what order I want to read the next books because my to-read list is getting bigger and bigger. At this rate I am going to need some more money to make some more donations.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #8
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.0.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • If edit while viewing the contents of a list, refresh the view afterwards
  • If a user deletes a list, ensure any tags are removed for items on that list
  • Expand on the tags add/remove option to allow choosing a custom column instead

Note that due to the change to support choosing between tags or a custom column, I chose to break some backwards compatibility. So if you had specified a tag previously, please go back into the configuration to specify it again.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #9
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur
PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, HS M700, Axim w/uBook
I've been using this plugin for a couple of days now--very useful!!

I am having a problem with the "Tags to add/remove when adding to a list:" feature. I have the tag to add/remove set to TBR and it works fine when the book I'm adding already has a tag(s), but when the book I'm adding has no tags then nothing gets added. This is calibre's standard tag column not a custom column and I'm running 0.8.3 on Vista.

Thank you!!
PaulineDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #10
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@PaulineDesigns - I don't have this issue. I wonder why you do. Has anyone else noticed this? You are using the latest version of the plugin right? The plugin uses the same code that the bulk metadata edit dialog uses.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #11
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur
PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Hmm I should have had the latest ver...d/l'd after you announced 1.0.2 but I have 1.0.1. I will update it tomorrow (no net access, on cell now) and let you know what happens.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #12
Kavon
Kavon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Wonderful little function! Makes what I used to do with a custom column a little more elegant. I do have one suggestion. I'd like to be able to remove a book from the default list as easily as adding one. The way it is now, to remove a book from the list you have to "Edit" the list and find and select the book and then delete it. How about a simple toggle? If the book is not on the list it is added and if it is on the list it is deleted? Thanks!
Kavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #13
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.0.3 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add menu option to remove books from the list, with a keyboard shortcut
  • Change the error and delete list/item confirmation dialogs to have the option to not show again
  • Add a button to configuration dialog to allow resetting confirmation dialogs
  • Ensure the book details pane is updated for the current row
Old 06-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #14
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur

Updated to 1.0.3 this morning and everything seems to be working perfectly now. Thank you very much for the fast response and the new option for remove books is great!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
Kavon
Kavon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Wow! That's responsive! Thanks, it's just want I asked for!
Kavon is offline   Reply With Quote