Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Sinful Pleasure: How many ebooks are you reading at the same time?
0 : The Blue One next to the Fish (The one the cat just ate) 0 0%
1 : One at a time! (And Loving it!) 46 48.94%
2 : I like to have a choice (You have two eyes, don't I?) 9 9.57%
3 : I like to have a choice of three (You know: As in tricycle) 14 14.89%
4 : One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish (For the mathematically inclined - 4) 7 7.45%
5 : A handful's good (Pseudopanax arboreus) 6 6.38%
6-10: One of every genre. (Does not include erotica! - hehe) 6 6.38%
10-20: I'm an eclectic reader (NOT electric: no eels allowed) 5 5.32%
20+: Who counts? (Fingers and toes, and buttons and bows) 1 1.06%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2016, 09:24 PM   #31
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Too many.

I have a tendency to start new books at a whim and I don't like calling quits on a book unless I actually dislike it. So my list of partly read books has at times been over 20 books(and this doesn't include pbooks or PDFs).

Eventually, most of them will be finished....eventually.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:21 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Listening to two or three audiobooks at the same time? Doesn't that get confusing?
Not really. It's no worse than watching three different serialized TV shows.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2016, 10:35 PM   #33
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Usually just one at a time. Occasionally two if one of them is a short story collection.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:02 PM   #34
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
When I read a book, I begin at the beginning, go on until I come to the end, then stop, as the King says in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

When reading for pleasure, what's the point of reading more than one book at a time? Why do it?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:56 PM   #35
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
When I read a book, I begin at the beginning, go on until I come to the end, then stop, as the King says in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

When reading for pleasure, what's the point of reading more than one book at a time? Why do it?
Because I may not be in the mood for whatever genre I was reading yesterday.
Because my kindle isn't waterproof so I read pbooks in the bath.
Because I want a fast read or slow read book.
Because I need information on a subject.
Because I like variety.

That is all I can think of at the moment.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2016, 03:13 AM   #36
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Most of the time just one. Occasionally two when I'm reading either a very long or a slow reading book and I break it up with shorter and/or easier read(s) in between.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:14 AM   #37
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
The CPU of my brain is little slow and does not support much multitasking, therefore I stick to a single book till it is not finished.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:37 AM   #38
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
One also. Currently I am reading Pacific Crucible: War at Sea in the Pacific, 1941-1942 by Ian W. Toll.
Apache
That is a pretty good book.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:53 AM   #39
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Let's just say that I take full advantage of Marvin's most recently opened list on the home page.

It really depends on the books and my mood. I usually have at least a couple of non fiction and fiction books going at one time. I typically have a non fiction that I read at lunch (right now, it's Scalia Dissents), plus one or two history books. On the fiction side, I generally have at least a couple, usually one a bit lighter and one a bit heavier. That doesn't include the abandoned books where I might read a chapter or two and decide that it's not worth the effort.

Of course, some of that is also effected by new books coming out (I do a lot of re-reading of books since there aren't all that many new books that I'm interested in coming out). So when Jacka's new book came out last week, I stopped the book that I was reading and read that, then went back to it.

That, of course, doesn't include audiobooks.

Last edited by pwalker8; 04-16-2016 at 06:56 AM.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:32 AM   #40
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
One. Just one.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:38 AM   #41
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
1 audio book and 1 ebooks at a time, is my usual. All in different genres, ordinarily.

Right now listening to a post apocalyptic bible-sized saga, reading a contemporary romance, and reading a paranormal romance. I'll try to finish the contemp today and then devote my reading time to the paranormal.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:10 AM   #42
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I aim for two ebooks and one or two audiobooks. Yesterday I finished one of the two audiobooks and haven't yet started another. I added a mobi edition of the audiobook as it was non-fiction, and even though I listened to it twice back-to-back, I wanted to read it in print. So currently I'm reading three ebooks and one audiobook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Not really. It's no worse than watching three different serialized TV shows.

That's basically what I told my doctor recently.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:19 AM   #43
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
...All in different genres, ordinarily....

+1. Things can get confusing if the books are too similar.

Actually, I'm doing much better than in the past. There was a time when it was not uncommon for me to be reading 10 or more books simultaneously. If you're someone like me who tends to take lots of notes and highlights, that can really make the make the My Clippings file on your Kindle look really disorganized.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:37 AM   #44
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
ATTENTION, ALL SHOPPERS:

A POLL HAS NOW BEEN ADDED!

The 'I' should be a 'you' in the poll. Mentally correct that, please.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-16-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 09:42 AM   #45
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
One on my home Kindle, one on my work Kindle.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote