Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-27-2014, 11:22 PM   #16
uppon2
Connoisseur
uppon2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG & iRiver Story (Original)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Amazon can do this because they own Audible. Thus they can have Audible audiobooks modified to support this. Kobo cannot.
That is fair enough. I was just wondering if they had actually followed suit as they seem to be Amazon's greatest challenger (with eBooks/Readers). I wonder if they will ever merge with one of Audibles competitors.
uppon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by uppon2 View Post
That is fair enough. I was just wondering if they had actually followed suit as they seem to be Amazon's greatest challenger (with eBooks/Readers). I wonder if they will ever merge with one of Audibles competitors.
Considering that the eInk Kobos do not have audio and Kobo is stopping making new tablets, I think not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2014, 08:49 AM   #18
uppon2
Connoisseur
uppon2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG & iRiver Story (Original)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Considering that the eInk Kobos do not have audio and Kobo is stopping making new tablets, I think not.
I wasn't aware of this.
uppon2 is offline   Reply With Quote