Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I'm thinking of sitting on it, just so I can say it doesn't work anymore.
I'm still betting you'd have to bounce up and down, and twist a bit to do any real damage to it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #17
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
I actually got the K4NT first, but didn't care for the thin size and button placement. I had a tough time turning pages while holding it one handed. I also really hated the joystick for typing. Got the Touch and liked it much better.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #18
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I guess what Amazon needs to do is improve the Touch and THEN add a couple of buttons to it... Nothing else will do if they want to have the best reading device possible... I think in terms of usability, the Kindle 3 is still unbeaten...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #19
jharrison
jharrison began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch; iPad
I had the same problem with the Kindle Touch but found that using a universal capacitive stylus pen stopped the page skipping. Also swiping your finger instead of tapping in the lower right or side of the screen helps.
jharrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #20
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Be kind......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Touch screens hate me. So I've chosen to hate 'em right back. They started it.
You should try to empathise with them.

They are greatly misunderstood, and only want to be respected for what they are....
Their ambition is to become a Sony, see............
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #21
Staked
This space for rent
Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Staked once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle Touch
I've never had any problems with my Kindle Touch either. My mom claims the same as the OP in that touch screens hate her. I had let her borrow my Kindle Touch for a weekend to see if she'd like one and she called me up two hours later telling me to come pick up the blasted thing. Lol.
Staked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:39 AM   #22
teasonc
teasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it isteasonc knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DXG, Kindle Keyboard 3G
If a device like this goes asynch, that's usually a sign it's overloaded (it is being asked to do too much in too short an interval).

Sounds like a symptom of underdesign -- the cheap one sounds more peppy, which makes sense from an IRQ perspective (it just reads the button, which is probably done through i2c).

The KKSO3G is definitely a lot less asynch than DXG is; DXG routinely buffers keystrokes, whereas KKSO3G seems to have plenty of spare overhead to appear to be instantly responsive (and better debouncing so it doesn't grab extra strokes).
teasonc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 4 nt, kindle touch, touch