Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 AM   #16
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by emil.m View Post
You can convince yourself, look at all comments of cipri in the last two weeks for example, and you will notice that nearly all comments are just jokes that were written in a jokes-thread.
It's very clear, that the ban was for the jokes, because some people didnt like to see jokes about pocketbook.
All the jokes dont use injuries or bad words, they seem to be constructed with the intention to seem funny.

I've no need to convince myself I'm a regular in this PB forum and besides this recent thread every post I've seen from cipri lately had been either a rant or thinly veiled sarcasm and mostly off topic, it's understandable but disruptive.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #17
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Why, even paolamanzini complained bitterly one time, which truly had me worried at the time.
so you noticed

If something is not right, something is not right, and should be pointed out - but overly repeated complaining only dilutes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
We all feel ignored by PB and wish for better service, it doesn't mean we need to negatively impact other peoples usage of these forums.
+1
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 02:46 AM   #18
emil.m
Banned
emil.m began at the beginning.

Device: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
I've no need to convince myself
I convinced myself, i read all comments of the last 1-2 weeks, and nearly 100% of all comments in the last 2 weeks are jokes posted in a jokes-thread, and they look funny to me, additionally it was said, that if somebody feels harmed by one joke, he begs to be contacted and he will change or delete the joke.
All jokes are about pocketbook, so it's very unlikely that somebody feels offended.

Can you provide a copy of one comment (or more) in the last week, that could have been the reason for a ban?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:55 AM   #19
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
I convinced myself, i read all comments of the last 1-2 weeks, and nearly 100% of all comments in the last 2 weeks are jokes posted in a jokes-thread, and they look funny to me, additionally it was said, that if somebody feels harmed by one joke, he begs to be contacted and he will change or delete the joke.
All jokes are about pocketbook, so it's very unlikely that somebody feels offended.

Can you provide a copy of one comment (or more) in the last week, that could have been the reason for a ban?
Cipri, if you were ukanian, would you find your jokes funny ?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:04 AM   #20
emil.m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
if you were ukanian, would you find your jokes funny ?
if you were a blond girl, would you find the jokes about blond girls funny?

Last edited by emil.m; 04-06-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #21
emil.m
Banned

Another joke:

A boy goes with his girlfriend to a restaurant, and they order french fries with steak.
They pay the bill, but they get only the french fries without the steak. They are eating the french fries and leaving the restaurant with complaining. How curious!

The explanation is: They are pockebook clients, and they are already used to that kind of treatment, that means, paying for something and not geting it.

Last edited by emil.m; 04-06-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #22
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Actually, where is stated he got banned? Cipri received some mod-warnings for not sticking to MR-rules, and the german jokes-thread was closed, but AFAIk there was no downright ban
Old 04-06-2011, 03:39 AM   #23
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Actually, where is stated he got banned? Cipri received some mod-warnings for not sticking to MR-rules, and the german jokes-thread was closed, but AFAIk there was no downright ban
I asked the same question earlier, and a kind soul privately pointed out to me that the word 'Banned' appears under the person's username in their messages. I only look at that information for usernames I'm not too familiar with, so I didn't notice it at all until it was pointed out to me. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:41 AM   #24
emil.m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Actually, where is stated he got banned?
The status was changed to "Banned".

Perhaps even the moderator which applied the ban will have the courage to say: "yes, it was me".
Old 04-06-2011, 04:08 AM   #25
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
OK sorry! Didn't see this
Old 04-06-2011, 04:09 AM   #26
i.like
i.like began at the beginning.

Device: none
cipri/emil.m: quit it. seriously. As so many stated before: It does NOT get better if you repeat it over and over.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:19 AM   #27
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
How it's possible to be banned for making inoffensive jokes, in a "jokes thread", and without using any kind of injuries? It's totally unclear to me.
I suppose you haven't seen the German thread (And why should you have? It was duly closed by moderators, by the way). Anything but inoffensive, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 AM   #28
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
All the jokes dont use injuries or bad words, they seem to be constructed with the intention to seem funny.
Actually, they were not so much jokes as thinly veiled insults. They were referring to certain PB employees by name, accusing them and the company of all kinds of mischief and incorrect behavior. Nothing funny about it.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #29
i.like
i.like began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
You can convince yourself, look at all comments of cipri in the last two weeks for example, and you will notice that nearly all comments are just jokes that were written in a jokes-thread
Just did. How . come . you . missed . those . during . your . research, i wonder?

Quote:
They seem to, but they aren't.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:13 AM   #30
emil.m
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.like View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by emil.m
You can convince yourself, look at all comments of cipri in the last two weeks for example, and you will notice that nearly all comments are just jokes that were written in a jokes-thread
Just did. How . come . you . missed . those . during . your . research, i wonder?
last two weeks, that means 14 days.

All your links are older than 14 days!
Closed Thread