Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #16
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Are these the mobi scripts?
See Mobipocket Decoder Tool. You may also need kindlepid.py (Amazon Kindle Hack: Read DRM-protected Mobipocket content!) to find your PID. Note that this works on AZW files, but not all Kindle ebooks are in this format.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #17
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Yep. It doesn't work on .tpz books. So far out of the dozen or so books I've bought, only one is .tpz. I don't know if that's typical or if they're going to start doing more .tpz now, though.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #18
bwit
Huh?
bwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Yep. It doesn't work on .tpz books. So far out of the dozen or so books I've bought, only one is .tpz. I don't know if that's typical or if they're going to start doing more .tpz now, though.
Do you know what format .tpz is? Which book did you buy that was .tpz? I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Bob
bwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #19
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
TPZ is also known as Topaz. It's the new DRM format. Most of the Kindle exclusive ebooks are in this format.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
TPZ is also known as Topaz. It's the new DRM format. Most of the Kindle exclusive ebooks are in this format.
I suspect it is a lot more than just a DRM format. The data is compressed differently and can also embed fonts. It is a new eBook format developed by Kindle that happens to support DRM. It seems to be derived from the MOBI format and has some features in common like a side file with metadata in it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #21
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwit View Post
Do you know what format .tpz is? Which book did you buy that was .tpz? I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Bob
The book I got was Good Grief by Granger Westberg.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #22
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
The problem I have with the Topaz format is that it makes page re-draws very slow. I hope this can be solved with firmware, but if it can't, and Amazon makes Topaz the default, I'm going to be a lot less happy with my Kindle.

Tracey
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote