Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #256
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
[Marc now listening over webcam (vision unfortunately blocked by someone in green cape sitting on fence in front of camera) to loud and obviously nude splashing in pool accompanied by snorts, chortles and childish giggles from a clearly quite insane man]

Cheers,
Marc
that would be Harry, most likely.

you know all of us mods have green capes. we all look alike from the back.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 PM   #257
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that would be Harry, most likely.

you know all of us mods have green capes. we all look alike from the back.
Really? Harry? Well, if you could just pass on to Harry that Marc said he's got a lovely pair of...pinwheels on him.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 PM   #258
mickitaz
Connoisseur
mickitaz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Does Tv shows count Husband is watching Discovery Channel's Shark week. While I am sitting on my computer... chatting away about anything book related.

I am coming closer to a decision for my reader.. leaning towards Sony pr505... Now just to come up with the money
mickitaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:13 AM   #259
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Gold by John Stewart

Don't hold it against him that he wrote Daydream Believer recorded by the Monkees. He was also part of the Kingston Trio and wrote a lot of great songs.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:14 AM   #260
mickitaz
Connoisseur
mickitaz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Gold by John Stewart

Don't hold it against him that he wrote Daydream Believer recorded by the Monkees. He was also part of the Kingston Trio and wrote a lot of great songs.
Why? What's wrong with the Monkees?
mickitaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2008, 01:10 AM   #261
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Gold by John Stewart

I don't. Daydream Believer was a good song. And while I was never a huge Monkees fan, I do have most of Mike Nesmith's solo work, including "The Wichita Train Whistle Sings".
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:51 AM   #262
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickitaz View Post
Does Tv shows count Husband is watching Discovery Channel's Shark week. While I am sitting on my computer... chatting away about anything book related.
Sure, it counts. At the moment I'm listening to sunset's Rainbow Lorikeets, Honeyeaters and Butcher Birds trying to compete with the territorial Noisy Miners in their "I'M GOING TO BED NOW!" evening chorus competition.

Still, knowing what music you're listening to is good. Don't worry, no matter how "bad" your taste in music, there's probably someone here listening to worse (if you give me fair warning, I'll put on some Plastic Bertrand or Falco or ABBA or Aqua, just to cover you ).

Quote:
I am coming closer to a decision for my reader.. leaning towards Sony pr505... Now just to come up with the money
Bank heist. Definitely the way to go. It's much cheaper than using your own money.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 07-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #263
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
The Great Gate of Kiev/Pictures from an Exhibition/Mussorgsky

(Rimsky Korsakov's orchestration, if memory serves). Wonderful memory of a performance in the Usher Hall, Edinburgh some years back.

(I seem to be going through a classical moment...)

Must try harder to concentrate on work.....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 AM   #264
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Ringing in my ears ... I just got back from a concert at Wolf Trap Center for the Performing Arts where it was "HippieFest 2008" with:
  • Eric Burdon & the Animals
  • Jack Bruce (late of Cream)
  • The Turtles (featuring Flo & Eddie)
  • Melanie
  • Badfinger
  • Jonathan Edwards
It was very good.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:21 AM   #265
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Gold by Interference
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:56 AM   #266
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ringing in my ears ... I just got back from a concert at Wolf Trap Center for the Performing Arts where it was "HippieFest 2008" with:
  • Melanie
It was very good.
As in Lay Down (Candles In The Rain) Melanie, Good Professor Wood? As in:

We were so close, there was no room
We bled inside each other's wounds

...Melanie? (Now that second line's not one you want to hear mid-mouthful Summerberry Pudding).

As in Look What They've Done To My Song, Ma Melanie? As in:

Look what they've done to my brain, Ma
Look what they've done to my brain
Well they picked it like a chicken bone
And I think I'm half insane, Ma

...Melanie? As in Brand New Key Melanie? As in:

Well, I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key

...Melanie?

Yes.

Yes. That would be "very good".

Cheers,
Marc
Old 07-31-2008, 01:10 AM   #267
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Well, I got a brand new pair of roller skates
You got a brand new key

Cheers,
Marc
I have it on good authority that that is a very naughty song!

After someone explained all the double entendres to me... I was shocked! Shocked I tell you!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:18 AM   #268
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Of course someone had to explain the double entendres in "My Milkshake's Better Than Yours".

I mean, what is all this filth doing on the airwaves?

Is that all you people think about? Sex!?

Oh, and yes, don't try to tell me "Winchester Cathedral" is not all about sex! I am on to you perverts!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:28 AM   #269
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

And those filth mongers The Beatles "I Want To Hold Your Hand"....

That better be a ring you are placing on her finger, Mister!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:45 AM   #270
vimbite
Banned
vimbite began at the beginning.

Device: sipoy
Leader of the Band by Dan Fogelberg..the song is so cool and classical.i often listen this song cause it is so great that you can relate and the lyrics has a good meaning.
vimbite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)