Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #181
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
I bought the red leather origami cover and while this cover and the Voyage make a very attractive "package" when shut, the wobbly front cover while open is a bit disconcerting. Thankfully it does stand on its side for a tent effect for reading in bed, but it will take some getting used to. The leather covers have a pebbly effect which is quite nice. Hopefully though another low-profile cover, but book style will soon become available.
Does the leather version have magnets that keep the front cover secured to the back cover when flipped all the way around? On my synthetic version, the magnets that keep the origami fold in place thereby creating the stand also stick to the bottom portion of the back when flipped all the way around and laid flat against the back. This keeps the front from flopping around.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:45 PM   #182
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Does the leather version have magnets that keep the front cover secured to the back cover when flipped all the way around? On my synthetic version, the magnets that keep the origami fold in place thereby creating the stand also stick to the bottom portion of the back when flipped all the way around and laid flat against the back. This keeps the front from flopping around.
Yes - I'm sure that except for the material, both covers are identical. I just don't like the flip flop when I first open the cover.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #183
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Yes - I'm sure that except for the material, both covers are identical. I just don't like the flip flop when I first open the cover.
Yes that is kind of different since it has folds built into the front cover. I've almost dropped mine a couple of times when I go to open it and a corner pops up and catches me off guard. It took a while to get used to that. But at least it lies flat and stays put when fully opened.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:51 PM   #184
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I've decided mine is a keeper. Not perfect but an improvement from my PW1 & PW2. I have a little bit of yellow hue and some black flecks. I love the lack of a raised bezel much more than I expected! The increased resolution is brilliant! It is nice not to have the shadowing effect around the lights anymore. Auto-brightness feature is ok. It's growing on me. I'm indiferrent on the buttons. I turned off the haptic feedback because it was too annoying. Disappointed in the case options. Using an Incipio Folio case for now. The Amazon leather case is on order but a few weeks away from delivery. Not crazy about the origami cover. I do not like the button on the back which is like the Nook STR was.

EDIT: I also meant to state that I think $199 is simply too high. Add taxes and a cover and that's $300! I think $149-179 would have been a better range.

Last edited by Bookworm_Girl; 10-29-2014 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Added statement
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #185
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Since we are talking about the cases here I might as well pose a question on the issue - Do all kindle models use the same cases? Can you swap the cases as needed or do they need dedicated cases?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2014, 07:48 AM   #186
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
PW1/2 use the same case, and probably some of the older basic Kindles, too.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:26 AM   #187
Zaitsev
Zaitsev began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Looking forward to my Voyage. I particularly like the Book Cases here.. and maybe Klevercase ones too https://www.gearzap.com/amazon-kindl...es/voyage.html
Zaitsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:58 AM   #188
BrentB
Connoisseur
BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have the blue leather Origami case, and while I wasn't too sure about it when I ordered it (due to price and the pictures), I really love it. It is the thinnest case I've had for an ereader, the magnet is really strong and works great, and the easel feature works a lot better than I thought it would from the pictures. I've always had easel cases as I like to prop the reader up while reading at a table, or even in bed, and this one is my favorite by far. Form and function, whoda' thunk?
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:05 AM   #189
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a problem with cases, I tried one a few years ago with my old fire and it hurt my hand to holding the extra weight of the case so now I use a pouch, although it has come time to repalce it, its starting to fall apart, and will probably do so again with an el cheapo, my current pouch is an el cheapo and it lasted a long time.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:11 PM   #190
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Since we are talking about the cases here I might as well pose a question on the issue - Do all kindle models use the same cases? Can you swap the cases as needed or do they need dedicated cases?
The Paperwhites are the same, but cannot use the same case as a Voyage. The KV case won't fit the PWs either. Some sleeves will work, others won't.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #191
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
But...the KV has almost the same dimensions as the K4NT, so sleeves for the K4NT would work for the KV.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #192
WaltC
Harmonious Grump
WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle Touch, Nook HD, iPad 3, Voyage
Since this is a thread about Voyage Covers:

Amazon is now listing OMOTON voyage cases. I decided on the "OMOTON Kindle Voyage Smart Case" (based on weight, price, appearance and the 4.8 rating on their other cases).

The pic looks nice, it has the wakeup/sleep feature and the rear power cutout, is listed at 3.5oz and with shipping costs less than $10. They currently only show 3 colors (black, navy and purple) for the Voyage; I ordered the navy.

BTW, if you search in amazon/electronics for "kindle voyage cover thinnest lightest" there are a bunch that crop up from different sellers that look pretty similar and become available roughly Nov 10-- everybody probably knows this already-- anyway, even though they all say "lightest", OMOTON is one of the few that actually gives a weight.

I'll report back when it shows up (currently estimated for 11/15).
WaltC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:24 PM   #193
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I'm not crazy about the Incipio case although it is high-quality construction. I wish when the front folded over that it didn't have so much material on the left edge. The Omoton pictures look to be similar. I also noticed that I'm more likely to accidentally turn the pages when a cover is on compared to holding it naturally without a cover.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #194
jbcohen
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
The Paperwhites are the same, but cannot use the same case as a Voyage. The KV case won't fit the PWs either. Some sleeves will work, others won't.
How about a paper white and a kindle 3? Perhaps a kindle 1 and 2?
Old 10-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #195
WaltC
Harmonious Grump
WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WaltC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle Touch, Nook HD, iPad 3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
How about a paper white and a kindle 3? Perhaps a kindle 1 and 2?
The keyboard versions of the Kindle (K1, K2, K3) are much taller than the PW. A sleeve might work in common. The K4 and KT (Kindle touch) and PW1, PW2 and KV (voyage) are close enough in size that you could use a cover with the 4 elastic corners.

I'm currently using a spare KT MARWARE cover (with the elastic corners) with a KV as a temporary measure-- it fits fine, but as a cover it's only OK-- the issue is getting to the power button (which is on the back of the KV). I found if I don't attach the upper right elastic piece, it still holds tight but I can reach behind it and touch the power button. Not a great long-term solution, but it works fine for a week or two.
WaltC is offline   Reply With Quote