Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #76
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I guess they aren't worried about teens watching films about Churchill and Murrow anyway!
Generally speaking, teens equate anything "not brand new" with "uncool" anyway. So I wonder if we might see a decrease in teen smoking from making them watch such films as Casablanca.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:00 PM   #77
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Here's a thought: Let's get some e-book readers into the product placement cycle! Get Will Smith to use one in his next movie... Show Lindsay Lohan studying with it! Let product placement sell the readers, then we can put regular ads in the back of the e-books without product placement.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:03 PM   #78
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Believe me unless they're gullible, there's nothing to do with teenagers, they educate themselves to what they want, whatever you think. Fortunately they come back to you as adults and all that subliminal education (good example you set) shows through. Don't give up but just don't expect immediate results.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #79
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Believe me unless they're gullible, there's nothing to do with teenagers, they educate themselves to what they want, whatever you think.
Sure, but they don't operate in a vaccuum. And "education" too-often stops at surface considerations like "cool factor" and peer popularity. That's why advertising works particularly well on them, and why there's so much c**p out there for them to buy. As consumers get older, the amount of silly bells and whistles on their products drops off considerably, because older consumers are more discerning than that.

But I didn't mean for this to come out like teen-bashing, so I'm going to stop there.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:38 PM   #80
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Sure, but they don't operate in a vaccuum. And "education" too-often stops at surface considerations like "cool factor" and peer popularity. That's why advertising works particularly well on them, and why there's so much c**p out there for them to buy. As consumers get older, the amount of silly bells and whistles on their products drops off considerably, because older consumers are more discerning than that.

But I didn't mean for this to come out like teen-bashing, so I'm going to stop there.
Well, I've had two tough and stubborn ones that turned out almost OK as adults.(22years old25years old).

After what we've gotten through, it feels good to bash teens. Don't worry I'll pipe down before nasty!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote