Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #16
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Maybe fixing your ePub with Sigil would work.
That is a good suggestion. Worked for me. I created an ePub with out any chapter tags. Imported the file into Sigil. Highlighted the Chapters I wanted tagged and selected heading 2. Saved the file and imported into Calibre. In Calibre selected Convert eBooks, selected ePub and in the Table of Contents Tab added //h:h2 into the Level 1 TOC section. Created the book and sent it to my nook and was able to go the the chapters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil heading 2.png
Views:	297
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	43491   Click image for larger version

Name:	level 1 toc.png
Views:	300
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	43492  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:11 AM   #17
Trel
Connoisseur
Trel began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 3
If Sigil works then that will be a very acceptable solution.

What happens with the cover.
Though every book I have converted includes a cover, I've never once had Go To Cover work for me?

Last edited by Trel; 01-16-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Trel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #18
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have never had a problem with any of my nook books going to the cover. Hopefully if Sigil Works you can at least go to the first chapter.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #19
Trel
Connoisseur

Also , when you say you hightlight in Sigil, when I do that and then select heading 2, it stops for a moment then changes to <select heading>, but doesn't appear to be changing the file. Does something else have to be done?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:29 AM   #20
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trel View Post
Also , when you say you hightlight in Sigil, when I do that and then select heading 2, it stops for a moment then changes to <select heading>, but doesn't appear to be changing the file. Does something else have to be done?
I have attached two pictures. The first is "Part 1" before I changed the tag. The second is "Part 2" after I changed the tag.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.png
Views:	295
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	43493   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.png
Views:	303
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	43494  
Old 01-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #21
Trel
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I have attached two pictures. The first is "Part 1" before I changed the tag. The second is "Part 2" after I changed the tag.

Hmmm, nothing changes in mine at all.
I wonder if somehow converting from RTF is the source of much of this.

I was able to make it autogenerate chapter in calibre, with this though
Code:
//h:span[re:test(., "Chapter \d{0,4}", "")]
somehow, this bothers me that that's not even close to what it said I should be looking for.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:41 AM   #22
Trel
Connoisseur

There's also no way I could've figured that out unless I knew ahead of time that epub files could be unzipped.

EDIT: good news. once there were chapters listed in the TOC, Go To Cover magically started working.

Last edited by Trel; 01-16-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #23
Dedonut
Dedonut began at the beginning.

Device: nook, iMac, iPhone 4S, iPad2, Acer Aspire Laptop
I've started having a problem with returning to furthest point read. If I shut down, when I boot, it goes to the Title Page. I can no longer go to the last page where I left off or to my Bookmark. It doesn't move; stays on Title Page. I can scroll to a Chapter, which is tedious and I have to remember where I was when I stopped. Any fix for this?
Dedonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #24
LessPaul
Connoisseur
LessPaul doesn't litterLessPaul doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021 / PC / iPad
I found that sideloading any new content causes me to lose my place in ebooks and lose bookmarks. firmware 1.1.1
LessPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #25
Propheous
Connoisseur
Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Propheous has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessPaul View Post
I found that sideloading any new content causes me to lose my place in ebooks and lose bookmarks. firmware 1.1.1
I side loaded a book that i have been reading and I have never lost my place. Are you making sure you go to sleep before turning off or anything? Nook forums say to make sure it goes to sleep.
Propheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:27 AM   #26
Sullivan
Connoisseur
Sullivan began at the beginning.

Device: none
I was having some of the same problems, but it seems I've got it working fine. Cheers for the tips! =)
Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #27
Dedonut
Dedonut began at the beginning.

Device: nook, iMac, iPhone 4S, iPad2, Acer Aspire Laptop
2 things here:

LessPaul - What is sideloading?

Sullivan - If you think you've worked out a problem others are having, it would be nice if you shared what you did so we could try it!
Dedonut is offline   Reply With Quote