Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by narbeauchamp View Post
Another article in the WSJ on this as well : http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000..._whats_news_us

Personally,I can't wait to see a Nook in the store. It is definitely in the running to be added to my army of gadgets
I agree. I'm interested to hear what others think once they get it as well as hoping to see it myself at a store near me.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #17
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
According to B&N (gleaned from various sources like CS reps, B&N nook forum, and conversations with in-store employees), they don't want to ship inventory to stores at the expense of the pre-order customers.
I read this on my way to the office which prompted me to google the news and the link I posted was the first one that came up.

However, it appears the delay in impacting pre-order customers suggesting that the claim might be accurate but not the full story.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #18
julius537
julius537 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
B&N have failed to uniformly inform the customers, but when I spoke to a representative again today, she told me that all shipments with expected shipping date of Nov 30 will now be shipped out in two waves: on Dec 9 and Dec 14. It is unclear how it is decided which order goes with which wave.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 12-04-2009 at 01:53 AM.
julius537 is offline   Reply With Quote