Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 05-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Unable to use dictionary

Hi all,

I installed the OpenInkpot pre-0.2-20090326 snapshot, and so far I like it very much.
However, I downloaded some dictionaries from StarDict (tried both the Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913), and the The Collaborative International Dictionary of English; but no luck with either one), unpacked the tarball, and put the .dict.dz and .idx file in a folder called "dict" in the root of my SD-card. (I also tried renaming the .idx file to .index)

When I open a book in CoolReader, I am able to type in a word, but at every word I get the message "Article for word xxx not found".

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:11 AM   #2
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Only dictd format is supported. You can use 'makedict' (http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=160978) to convert from startdict.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
Only dictd format is supported. You can use 'makedict' (http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=160978) to convert from startdict.
Oops, I didn't know that.

Would anyone care to try and convert the Collaborative International Dictionary of English to dictd?
I can't get 'makedict' to install on my Mac or Ubuntu VM.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
This dictionary is in dictd format already. Just get it from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcide
Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
AlfonsVH
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
This dictionary is in dictd format already. Just get it from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcide
Thanks for your help so far; but I still can't get it to work. I downloaded the files from that ftp-server, but they're not in .dict.dz / .index-format. I then downloaded the gcide-dictionary from ftp://ftp.dict.org/pub/dict/pre/ , but I still get the same error (Article for word xxx not found).

Any additional ideas?
Old 05-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #6
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
lunohod figured out it does not work for dictd format too. looks like a bug in libtinydict
Old 05-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #7
gwitt
Enthusiast
gwitt is on a distinguished road

Device: BeBook reader
I got it work

see my response @ https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40845
Old 05-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I hit the same problem using Lbook software - see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46382 .

The issue seems to be the difference between .idx and .index files that are used with the .dict.dz file.

As I mentioned in the other thread the mueller dictionary that came with the Lbook s/w does work (but translates English to Russian) so pehaps it is just a matter of generating the correct .index file .

BobC
Old 05-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #9
quickhand
Connoisseur
quickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hanlin V3, Sony prs-505, Hanwang n516
Many dictionaries didn't work for me until I decompressed the .dict.dz file. When I put the .dict and .index files in the directory, it worked properly.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #10
AlfonsVH
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickhand View Post
Many dictionaries didn't work for me until I decompressed the .dict.dz file. When I put the .dict and .index files in the directory, it worked properly.
Would you care to upload a working version somewhere?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #11
Kardell
Kardell began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3
Me please too, because I was trying to compile it without success.