Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Wise words all. One can never be too reserved in this here-today-gone-tomorrow world of the Internet. The sure bet of today is tomorrow's folly (or gibbon.) I do hope to stay around a bit.

They say that the people you meet in the next town are the same kind as there were in the town you just left behind. I sure hope not. Some of you know what I mean and I'll leave it at that.

Some of the religious beliefs here are a bit outside my past experience. Few I have known honor llamas, laddies, squirrels, or shums before the great alter of DRM. Some look to PD or CC as their salvation either on a 5" or a 6" e-ink screen as if a higher pixel count will result in quicker absolution.

I do understand the devotion to donuts -- who does not have a soft spot in their hearts for Krispy Kremes. The monthly pilgrimage on the second of each month seems about right. The endless variety of sacrificial donuts seems wonderful.

The random "meet-ups" remind me of the late 1960's "be-ins" with free love replaced by free books. Different strokes for different times.

You know, I just might give this game a ride.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:15 PM   #17
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hiya Woodie and welcome to MobileRead. Are you related to the RWood who shows up at our NOVA Meet Ups. No wait.....
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #18
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, RWood!

We're a friendly lot with loads of great information to share about ereading. Don't be shy about asking questions and jumping into the fray! Oh, and be sure to check out all the wonderful free ebooks you can download right here at MR. Enjoy!

Happy Reading!

Congratulations on your 7000th post, Wood!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #19
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Yeah, welcome. If you play your cards right, they'll make you a moderator here and then you have the chance to have such classic rules as, "Don't touch the red button and we mean you pshrynk!" named after you.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #20
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500

Thanks folks, you make me feel like I've been here for years.

RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #21
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post

Thanks folks, you make me feel like I've been here for years.

Who are you?

Oh, and happy 7000!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote