Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2007, 11:35 AM   #1
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
How can I mount an iso-image on iLiad?

Title says it all. Is this possible?
Why do I want to mount an iso-image? Because it takes ages to copy 20k files to CF [digital html archive of German computer magazine c't].
Well, iLiad has got a mount binary.
On a destop PC I type:
Code:
mount -t iso9660 -o loop /path/of/image.iso /path/to/mount/to
But on iLiad this doesn't work [because I'm too stupid ]. I got a "no such device" anytime I have tried:
Code:
mount -t iso9660 -o loop /mnt/cf/iso/image.iso /mnt/cf/iso

Last edited by yokos; 01-19-2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: non-native English speaker ;-)
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
Matthijs
Groupie
Matthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enoughMatthijs will become famous soon enough

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, DR800SG
The kernel is missing loopback device support.

kernel config excerpt:
Code:
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP is not set

Last edited by Matthijs; 01-22-2007 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Add more info
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
BACbKA
мокрец
BACbKA began at the beginning.

Device: palm, iliad
why it takes ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
Because it takes ages to copy 20k files to CF [digital html archive of German computer magazine c't].
i think it takes ages because of the sync mount option currently unconditionally imposed on us by irex. I have asked on the irex forum thread about software feature requests to add an option to disable the sync as long as the user is smart enough to umount stuff (and provide a umount i/f for those who prefer to live with it). Hopefully, it gives some battery juice as well.
BACbKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:36 AM   #4
mtas
Enthusiast
mtas doesn't littermtas doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACbKA
i think it takes ages because of the sync mount option currently unconditionally imposed on us by irex. I have asked on the irex forum thread about software feature requests to add an option to disable the sync as long as the user is smart enough to umount stuff (and provide a umount i/f for those who prefer to live with it). Hopefully, it gives some battery juice as well.
I can't see how that would help. We are talking about removable media here (CF, MMC and USB sticks) and you can't transfer content to those while they are inserted in the iLiad. Also, while they are in use in the iLiad the only writes to the media that occurs should be when updating the manifest file.

So, for updating content on a removable media it's the PC that is the limiting factor. Regarding battery life I really can't see that the forced sync after updating the manifest file can't really have any big impact.
mtas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:59 AM   #5
BACbKA
мокрец
BACbKA began at the beginning.

Device: palm, iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtas
you can't transfer content to those while they are inserted in the iLiad.
Can you? Ignore me then, I was under the impression that this is precisely what the original poster was doing. I thought that the removable media on iliad is re-exported through the USB to the PC.
BACbKA is offline   Reply With Quote