Notices

Old 05-21-2024, 04:00 PM   #1
Moloch981
Moloch981 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Unable to connect Calibre to my Kobo e-reader

Hello,

I don't know if someone can help.

I use Calibre (latest version) and I have a Kobo Libra, purchased a couple years ago. Up until some months ago, everything was fine: I recharged my e-reader plugging the USB into the PC and also used Calibre to transfer ebooks to the device connected via cable.

Then, suddenly, my PC stopped "seeing" the e-reader as a USB drive: when I plug it in, it still manages to re-charge, but no folder appears in File Explorer (in Windows) and most importantly Calibre doesn't detect it anymore.

I tried changing USB port and USB cable, but nothing. Everything works fine if I use a different PC (my work notebook for example), and, of course, other USB external drives work fine with my PC. So, it's a mystery.

I put myself to work to find a way to keep transferring my ebooks to the device wirelessly, and I thought I had found a solution with Kobo Uncaged: I installed it, set the wireless connection on Calibre on and everything has been working fine for some months: I used the USB cable to re-charge (that has always worked) and the wireless connection to add/remove books.

But, some days ago, the wireless connection stopped working!
Calibre and the e-reader are connected to the same network, I run Kobo Uncaged as usual but after a few seconds I get the "Calibre not found! Have you enabled the Calibre Wireless service?" message. Of course I have enabled it, it's always on.

I made another attempt installing the latest version of KoReader and trying to connect Calibre and the device with it, but no luck. Indeed, I am unable to connect the e-reader with the correct (that is, the same one of the PC where Calibre is running) wifi network in Koreader ("Failed to connect to wpa_supplicant ...", I don't know what that means).

I really don't understand what happened, especially because everything worked perfectly until a short time ago, and I don't recall having made any changes (maybe I was asked if I wanted to update the firmware in Kobo and I said yes? I'm not sure. Could that be the problem?).

I now have an e-reader that works perfectly fine EXCEPT for the fact that I can't add or remove books, I have to take it to work and use the work PC for that.

Oh wait, actually the only method I found that works in my home PC is using this site https://send.djazz.se/
THIS method worked (and much thanks to the creator), but it's a bit more complicated and slow because I have to open the browser in the device, and I can only transfer one ebook at a time.

I wouldn't want to buy a new e-reader but this is really exasperating me.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help.

Thank you
Moloch981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 04:57 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You might want to take a look at this thread in the Kobo forum: Kobo Glo HD not connecting to Win 11 PC .
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 10:29 AM   #3
Moloch981

Thank you, the issue in that thread seems the same, I'll take a look.
Old 05-23-2024, 11:03 AM   #4
Moloch981

It looks like I found the solution on that thread (post #54)! Thanks again!