Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-20-2024, 10:12 AM   #856
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
After jailbreak you can downgrade :

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=347165
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 10:28 AM   #857
riothamus
Connoisseur
riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!riothamus rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
After jailbreak you can downgrade :

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=347165
Yep, I've done this each time so far I've completed a JB except on my KV which didn't need a downgrade due to the max FW available. I just wasn't sure if it had changed with this new technique. Hopefully I can still downgrade if a new JB method becomes available next year. I couldn't find any info on it other than the post in this thread.
riothamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 07:44 AM   #858
htfetybj
htfetybj began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs24 View Post
So today I discovered that, after all the events of yesteray had been solved or so I thought, my Kindle PW 3 will not connect to either of my PCs for data transfer. Tried new cables, tried again factory reset, even tried going back into demo mode and entering ";uzb" in order to enable usb connection in demo mode, but nothing fixed the connection. NOTE, it is still charging via the PC. But no data transfer possible. Still function with Wifi, connects with Amazon etc. Any thoughts? I have scoured Google of course.
Hi there

I've got similar problem. For last 5 hours I've been trying to jailbreak my pw4 few times because every time I did something wrong or didn't connect my kindle to PC on time. So when I was connecting it to PC, it showed a message that Device is broken or something. Then I just couldn't connect it whatever I've tried. My kindle doesn't support Amazon so I cannot send books with Wifi, or mail or other ways so now it's just a brick which charges and doesn't have any books. Did you solve your problem? Or does anyone know what to do? Thanks
htfetybj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 12:01 PM   #859
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfetybj View Post
Hi there

I've got similar problem. For last 5 hours I've been trying to jailbreak my pw4 few times because every time I did something wrong or didn't connect my kindle to PC on time. So when I was connecting it to PC, it showed a message that Device is broken or something. Then I just couldn't connect it whatever I've tried. My kindle doesn't support Amazon so I cannot send books with Wifi, or mail or other ways so now it's just a brick which charges and doesn't have any books. Did you solve your problem? Or does anyone know what to do? Thanks
A simple factory reset should fix it hopefully.
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 05:20 PM   #860
Stardom0562
Stardom0562 began at the beginning.

Device: PW11
Hi,

Can someone please help with this step:

update_hotfix_languagebreak-{language you want to end up with}.bin

Where is this file? I don't see it in the current zip - has it been replaced with something else?

Thanks
Stardom0562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 07:06 PM   #861
kindlenjoyer
kindlenjoyer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 8th Gen [KOA]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardom0562 View Post
Hi,
Can someone please help with this step:
update_hotfix_languagebreak-{language you want to end up with}.bin
Where is this file? I don't see it in the current zip - has it been replaced with something else?
Thanks
If you look into the the latest release [LanguageBreak-16.11.23.tar.gz] there's a bunch of bin files in the compressed tar.gz file. Just select the one you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kokokokookoko.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	208519  

Last edited by kindlenjoyer; 05-26-2024 at 07:07 PM. Reason: screenshot added
kindlenjoyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 09:20 AM   #862
Stardom0562

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlenjoyer View Post
If you look into the the latest release [LanguageBreak-16.11.23.tar.gz] there's a bunch of bin files in the compressed tar.gz file. Just select the one you want.
Ah, thanks. I was downloading the Zip, and it's not in there.

I have been trying to complete it, but not having much joy. When I try to run the hotfix, I get an "Update Failed" error. I have started the process again (including factory reset). When I try to jailbreak now, I get the error with debug - which I presume means I am jailbroken fine.

Is there some way to confirm if I am jailbroken, and if the hotfix has been applied properly? I presume the hotfix will do tidy up of the Languagbreak files, if successful?
Old 05-27-2024, 09:37 AM   #863
Stardom0562

Quote:

I have been trying to complete it, but not having much joy. When I try to run the hotfix, I get an "Update Failed" error. I have started the process again (including factory reset). When I try to jailbreak now, I get the error with debug - which I presume means I am jailbroken fine.

Is there some way to confirm if I am jailbroken, and if the hotfix has been applied properly? I presume the hotfix will do tidy up of the Languagbreak files, if successful?
Can't seem to edit, so quoting myself to add:

The Hotfix file seems to have gone from my root, but the "DONT_CHECK_BATTERY", "jb" and other files/folders still seem to be present.

I don't have an "mkk" folder in the root.

Does this mean I am not jailbroken or with hotfix applied?
Old 05-27-2024, 10:05 AM   #864
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

You are not supposed to download the ZIP but the .tar.gz file
Old 05-27-2024, 10:38 AM   #865
Stardom0562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
You are not supposed to download the ZIP but the .tar.gz file
Thanks, yep - found the file in the tarball, but still having some issues with the hotfix, as above.
Old 05-27-2024, 11:02 AM   #866
Marek
Zealot

Quote:
Thanks, yep - found the file in the tarball, but still having some issues with the hotfix, as above.
If you tried jailbreaking with the zip you probably did nothing except enabling PREGM debug features and MNTUS_EXEC since the keys.sqsh file is only present in the built tarball - i recommend installing 5.16.2.1.1 (or whatever version you are on) again and trying the whole jailbreak process again with the correct files
Old 05-27-2024, 11:50 AM   #867
kindlenjoyer
kindlenjoyer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 8th Gen [KOA]
Quote:
Take a look at my modified installation instructions:

Quote:
Success! After fiddling around with my kindle a bit more I managed to finally jailbreak it and install KOReader.
If they don't work for you try to read through this thread. I collated tips from a bunch of different comments before I managed to jailbreak my device.
kindlenjoyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 12:10 PM   #868
Stardom0562

Quote:
Take a look at my modified installation instructions:

If they don't work for you try to read through this thread. I collated tips from a bunch of different comments before I managed to jailbreak my device.
Thanks, sorted now. Not sure if it made a difference, but followed these instructions as your post came in just in time!

Now, to work out what I would like to do with my newly jailbroken device!
Old 05-28-2024, 05:57 AM   #869
Mackkyloveskindl
Mackkyloveskindl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Hey all long time listener first time caller...

I brought a Scribe just 2 days ago on Version 5.16.1, upgraded manually with bin to 5.16.2.
Followed Mergens instructions on post #484

Was a battle... .I'm confident with jailbreaking stuff before.
I did all the ;demo stuff, sideloading. Languagebreaking.

I got to installing both hotfixes, then my kindle was stuck on the OOBE screen with no choice but to sign in.
Judging from step #12 on post #484, I thought it was OK to go through and agree to updates, then updated. Rebooted and saw a sad message on the bottom that cut off
ending in: '5.14 xx' I didn't catch the whole message.

And now its on 5.16.6.1! I thought I had all the fixes in place, Never got to KUAL yet. I thought that was next step.
Am I boned? I don't think I can downgrade from here.
I had the mkk folder showing before and everything. Now my directory has no jailbreak remains.
I tried putting the 5.16.2 .BIN file on but Kindle is smart now and says it's incompatible nice try.

Any luck for me or am I stuck in the waiting train?
Mackkyloveskindl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 07:18 AM   #870
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
If you previously managed to jailbreak & install the hotfix then maybe you can restore hotfix and then downgrade firmware. Read this topic:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...62#post4422462

Start with doing 2 more reboots and then check if ';log mrpi' and/or ';log runme' commands are working or not.

Last edited by shamanNS; 05-28-2024 at 07:22 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak