Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2023, 12:08 PM   #1
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Question Suddenly Can't Remove DRM from Adobe PDF

I've used Apprentice Alf's dedrm plugin to remove DRM from adobe epub and pdfs hundreds of times. But today, it's not working on a new PDF file.

I'm using Calibre 7.2, DeDRM 7.2.1 by Apprentice Alf et al, Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.1.

The PDF comes into Calibre, but it can't be opened, read, or converted.

I tried installing the ACSM input plugin from here, but it seems to have made no difference - importing the acsm file still results in a pdf I can't open.

I've no idea why it's suddenly not working - nothing has been updated or changed, and this file is from the same place I always get my files, so it's not an issue of getting my files from some new source.

Help?
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 12:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
dedrm has been replaced by nodrm, switch to that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 12:10 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You need the newest deDRM, which is 10.0.3.
Here:

https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 12:28 PM   #4
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

I had no idea, thank you!

Apologies if I'm being an idiot, but I couldn't find DeDRM_plugin.zip in 10.0.3.

But I found the zip file in DeDRM tools 10.0.9 here. Ran my pdf through it and it's perfect. Thank you so much, I had no idea dedrm had become nodrm!

Last edited by Siavahda; 12-28-2023 at 12:47 PM. Reason: solved my own problem!
Old 12-28-2023, 04:34 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
epubor is copy repackaged of noDRM.

The correct download is on right edge just under Releases on the link Sirtel gave
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 04:42 PM   #6
Siavahda
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
epubor is copy repackaged of noDRM.

The correct download is on right edge just under Releases on the link Sirtel gave
Yep, was pretty sure that was the case

Oh, thanks! I've always struggled with github. Feel like such an idiot I now have the proper 10.0.3!

Tags
adobe digital editions, adobe drm, dedrm, pdf and calibre