Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-03-2023, 04:42 AM   #1
svkytbsld
Enthusiast
svkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to beholdsvkytbsld is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Inkpad 4 vs 3 in terms of contrast and lighting?

Hi,

I have Inkpad 3 and because of annoyingly uneven front-light, I seriously consider upgrading to Inkpad 4. But some comments on decreased contrast and continuation of unevenness issue keep me holding.

For those who own both, could you please compare (preferably by photos) the two devices in terms of contrast and front-light distribution?

Thanks .
svkytbsld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 08:43 AM   #2
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
The reviews from Chalid Raqami suggest the contrast is better than the Inkpad 3, and the frontlight is more uniform too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48GkAfMqGlU

https://allesebook.de/review/pocketb...n-test-984406/

The review at https://papierlos-lesen.de/der-neue-...im-test-71290/ has some side-by-side comparisons to the Inkpad 3.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 11:11 AM   #3
Marconi
Marconi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook inkpad 4
I have both e-readers, I find the inkpad 4 screen less clear without lighting than the inkpad 3
Marconi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 12:56 PM   #4
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
I own both models. The Inkpad 4 has a more even light, but I would say the contrast is on the same level, I don't see any significant improvement in the Inkpad 4 compared to the Kobo Libra or the Kindle PW 2023, which have a significantly stronger contrast.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote