Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2023, 01:31 PM   #1
fenester
fenester began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Kindle Paperwhite 3 - just broken screen or something else?

Hi,

I accidentally stepped on my Kindle Paperwhite 3 and it broke. The screen is clearly damaged (I'm attaching a photo), but I'm wondering if that's just it or something more.

When I connect it to my PC, Windows does not see the device. Sometimes, a pop-up "Configuring USB charger" appears. When the device is connected, the light goes on and off every few seconds. When I disconnect it, the light stays on until the battery is depleted (so I assume it's charging correctly).

Is it possible this is all caused by a damaged screen? I'd like to repair it, but I'm not sure if there is any point in replacing just the screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle_pw3.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1,003.0 KB
ID:	204004  
fenester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 02:00 PM   #2
readthinksurvive
Connoisseur
readthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmosreadthinksurvive has become one with the cosmos

Device: kindle oasis; kobo elipsa/libra; pocketbook 741; SNA4X
rip );
readthinksurvive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 02:00 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Looking at your image, the screen substrate is broken. There may be other internal damage so basically, it is a paperweight.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 06:56 AM   #4
fenester
fenester began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
That's what I feared Thank you, guys
fenester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle paperwhite, screen damaged