Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-30-2023, 08:00 PM   #3496
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Current: Boox Leaf2 (broken) Past: H2O, Kindle PW1, DXG;Pocketbook 360
The thing is I have my old Pocketbook HD still running, and Dasung Not e-Reader 1st gen that's not pleasent to use but also working. Both of your points still stand though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Regardless of the potential issues, I would have very strongly suggested the Sage over anything else in that form factor, unless you have severe concerns about going for long stretches of time without access to power.
By "long" I assume it is still longer than a week with 1-2 hours of reading per day? I doubt it's that's bad, but asking just in case.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:42 PM   #3497
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, it's mostly fine. Which is why I specifically emphasized the "no access to power" thing. e.g., it might not make the cut for a camping trip or something, but it's just fine otherwise since you can basically plug it in any time.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:50 PM   #3498
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yeah, it's mostly fine. Which is why I specifically emphasized the "no access to power" thing. e.g., it might not make the cut for a camping trip or something, but it's just fine otherwise since you can basically plug it in any time.
Though on a modern camping trip you'd probably take a solar power bank thing for your much hungrier phone anyway.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 01:22 AM   #3499
Hypernova
Hyperreader
Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.Hypernova solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

I was about to go for the Sage, then I found out they have a discount for the Libra 2 so I changed my mind. Now I pray that koreader will run "good enough" on it ��

And it still feel weird to buy a 2 years old device...
Old 09-06-2023, 04:04 AM   #3500
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Not every company releases unnecessary new devices every year. The Libra 2 is great as it is and doesn't really need updating.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 05:32 PM   #3501
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post

And it still feel weird to buy a 2 years old device...

Why? Ereader tech is pretty mature, other than incremental changes like higher-resolution screens(which are not made by the ereader manufacturer), there's little need for constant new devices, other than to feed the fetish of consumers who must have something new every year.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 05:35 AM   #3502
Hypernova
Hyperreader

It's been a week with my new Libra 2. Happy to report that no crash so far with firmware 4.34.20148 and KOReader 2023.08. Battery life seems to be normal also. Hopefully it stays this way.
Old 10-07-2023, 06:21 AM   #3503
Leilu
Leilu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kobo Libra 2
How can I have the books sorted by series please?

https://imgur.com/e0TU37B
Leilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 11:46 AM   #3504
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ya can't. It's a filemanager, not a metadata browser.
Old 10-07-2023, 02:12 PM   #3505
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
By renaming the files/folder with the series and number.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 06:30 AM   #3506
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Looking forward to the day when there is an option to use KOReader purely with Metadata browsing (not just Search), by author, collection, title, series, recent etc with filters for All, reading, unread, finished.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 04:53 PM   #3507
Leilu
Leilu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 / Kobo Libra 2
I'm interested too.

-----

No more crashes for me since the last nightly update.
Thank you very much.
Leilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 08:25 AM   #3508
MagnaNime
MagnaNime began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2 | Kobo Glo Hd
Hi everybody,
I have recently discovered the opportunity to plug an external keyboard on my Kobo Aura 2. It looks like a miracle to be able to write faste and precise on my ereader ! But, I am french and the keymapping does not seems to support latin character.
I have tried to put the character I wanted on the event_map_keyboard.lua. I did not reach any succes.
Does anyone knows a trick to encode latin character on this file ? Many thanks for your response

Last edited by MagnaNime; 01-04-2024 at 08:29 AM.
MagnaNime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:34 PM   #3509
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
I'm not sure what you mean with a latin character. Could you share an example?.

ATM the external keyboard plugin acts as a translation between keycodes and strings.

What you want might be some sort or composition that takes care of certain keycodes as modifiers of other keycodes (ie: to be able to write aute accents)

It should be doable but not trivial.
pazos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 01:52 PM   #3510
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, the ExternalKeyboard plugin doesn't handle custom keymaps, so it sort of assumes a standard PC105 IBM QWERTY layout. Patches welcome.

I don't actually remember what exactly happens with an AZERTY keyboard (i.e., whether it behaved as if QWERTY, or if something weirder happened).

Not for the faint of heart to deal with, though. (IIRC, ideally, the plan would have been to be able to piggyback on standard Linux console layout or xkb stuff).

My own interest stopped at getting it technically working, though .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-04-2024 at 01:55 PM.