Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-04-2023, 01:19 AM   #1
coffeeschmoffee
coffeeschmoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Unhappy PLEASE HELP - How do I uninstall Nickelmenu? I've tried what the dev suggested

I made a file in .adds/nm called "uninstall" with no extension.

I restarted my device while it was rebooting to try and activate the failsafe.

Neither has completely removed Nickelmenu from my Libra 2. The menu doesn't show up anymore but my power button still takes screenshots (one feature I tried out with Nickelmenu).

Now I have no way to put my device to sleep other than to avoid touching it for 5 minutes, and if I do press the power button, it creates new books with the screenshot as the cover.

Nickelmenu has been a frustrating curse, please tell me how to get my power button back other than to factory reset (I want to keep my stats)

Thank you!
coffeeschmoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:30 AM   #2
isarl
Addict
isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.isarl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2
Try this:

Reinstall NickelMenu.
Use NickelMenu to disable screenshots.
Remove NickelMenu again.
isarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 04:04 AM   #3
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Too many) Kobo(s)
Without installing again NickelMenu, you can also check the Kobo eReader.conf file in the .kobo directory and switch

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true

to

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=false

if the instruction is present
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 02:04 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
When NickelMenu enables screenshots, an entry Screenshots= true under the [FeatureSettings] heading in Kobo eReader.conf is created. If you deleted NickelMenu without disabling screenshots, that entry will still be there and will need to be manually removed.

Edit: read to end of thread before replying...

Last edited by DNSB; 02-04-2023 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Realized Lys has posted the same information
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 08:34 PM   #5
coffeeschmoffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by isarl View Post
Try this:

Reinstall NickelMenu.
Use NickelMenu to disable screenshots.
Remove NickelMenu again.
This worked! Thank you!
Old 02-05-2023, 10:41 PM   #6
coffeeschmoffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lys View Post
Without installing again NickelMenu, you can also check the Kobo eReader.conf file in the .kobo directory and switch

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true

to

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=false

if the instruction is present

I ended up just reinstalling Nickelmenu and turning off screenshot mode, but I would've tried this if I saw beforehand. Thank you!

Tags
kobo, libra 2, nickelmenu, power button, screenshot