Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-15-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
jebradley
jebradley began at the beginning.

Device: none
AIReader question

I've just started looking at AIreader as an ebook reader for my phone. I like the ability to control colors of both text and background, as I like a red font on a black background when reading at night.

The question that I have is: Where do you find the control to rescan your library. When you change the library path, you have to rescan the library, but I can't seem to find where they have hidden that in their menu structure. I've probably looked at it several times and not seen it.
jebradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:33 AM   #2
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Like quite a bit of ALReader's menu system it is a bit non-intuitive.

You need to follow
(MENU)
Open Book
Library
Scan Library

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 10:15 PM   #3
WaltP
WaltP began at the beginning.

Device: Alcatel Fierce
AI Reader

I've been using AIReader for a whie and just installed it on my new phone. I can't find any setting to set my library to the SD Card where all my books are. It seems they can only be stored on the phone.

What am I missing here?

thanks,
Walt

Android
AIReader 1.83
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:57 PM   #4
nancybill
nancybill began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo android 8
I've been using Alreader for years & like it better than any other reader. Last week I tried scanning the library for new books I had added & it froze after 24 seconds. I uninstalled & reinstalled it didn't help. Maybe it updated, is there an older version I can reinstall?
nancybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:35 PM   #5
psikeyhackr
psikeyhackr began at the beginning.

Device: Archos PMA400
AIReader interprets the abbreviations St. and Dr. as 'street' and 'drive' respectively.
Is there a way to change them to 'saint' and 'doctor'?
psikeyhackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 12:44 AM   #6
Iwfcyb
Iwfcyb began at the beginning.

Device: Aireader
Skins/Backgrounds for AIReader?

Does anyone know if there's any "skins" (page backgrounds) out there that you can add to the small few that are included with the app? Loving this e-reader and I'm thinking it's going to be the one I use going forward, my only gripe is the stock backgrounds are terrible, and all the tweaking of colors for it doesn't help much. Even CoolReader has far superior options (I included a screen shot of a few of the CoolReader app as I'm trying to find a skin for AIReader that's similar to the one at the top).

Not sure if this is even doable, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230204_214033_Cool Reader.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	199464  
Iwfcyb is offline   Reply With Quote