Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-08-2023, 06:56 PM   #1
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Call actions by their unique_name

Hi everyone.

Scenario:
On a given plugin all the Menu actions are registered with a unique name. They all appear on Shortcuts Manager.

Now, I want to call this actions from inside the plugin (presumably by their unique name), simulating a click on the menu. Is this possible?
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 09:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Easiest way is to store your actions in a dict in your plugin keyed by the unique name.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 06:04 AM   #3
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Easiest way is to store your actions in a dict in your plugin keyed by the unique name.
Hi, Kovid.

Thanks for the reply.
But how would I call them? I don't see anything callable.
Here is a real example:

Plugin name: Skoob Sync
Modules: main.py, ui.py.

In the ui.py, we have a lot of actions created. Like this:

Code:
# Add/remove books
        self.add_to_skoob = cm(self.m, _('&Add book'),
           image='add_to_skoob.png',
           tooltip=_('Add book to Skoob, on Reading shelf'),
           triggered=partial(self.tools.update_status, sync_option='add_to_skoob', shelf=None),
           unique_name='SkoobSync_Add')
        self.remove_from_skoob = cm(self.m, _('&Remove book'),
           image='remove_from_skoob.png',
           tooltip=_('Remove book from your shelves on Skoob'),
           triggered=partial(self.tools.update_status, sync_option='remove_from_skoob', shelf=None),
           unique_name='SkoobSync_Remove')
        self.m.addSeparator()
Their unique names are: 'SkoobSync_Add' and 'SkoobSync_Remove'.
Now, how would I call them from main.py?
Old 01-09-2023, 07:18 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

self.add_to_skoob.trigger()
Old 01-09-2023, 07:55 AM   #5
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
self.add_to_skoob.trigger()
I thought that there would be some way to call them using iactions, or something (based on their unique names*).
The problem is my ui.py is already importing a class from main.py, so I don't see how I could call 'add_to_skoob.trigger()' from there (it would be a circular reference).

*P.S.: The unique names ares used only to create shortcuts?

Last edited by thiago.eec; 01-09-2023 at 09:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-09-2023, 08:37 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

iactions['action name].add_to_skoob.trigger()
Old 01-09-2023, 09:05 AM   #7
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
iactions['action name].add_to_skoob.trigger()
That's exactly what I was expecting!
I've tried some combinations of this but nothing worked.

For example, I can use this:
Code:
gui.iactions.['Skoob Sync'].rebuild_menus()
'Skoob Sync' referes to the IntefacePlugin.

But when I try to call other actions, it gives me a KeyError:

Code:
gui.iactions['SkoobSync_Add'].add_to_skoob.trigger()

KeyError: 'SkoobSync_Add'
'SkoobSync_Add' is the unique name for the action.

Never mind, I got it. I was trying to use the actions unique name, when I should use the plugin's combined with the actions.

This works perfectly:
Code:
gui.iactions['Skoob Sync'].add_to_skoob.trigger()
Thank you for the help!

Last edited by thiago.eec; 01-09-2023 at 09:14 AM.