Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2022, 05:42 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Thank you for the replies, they're very revealing. At those low settings, the Libra 2 looks like an ereader without frontlight, like my old Sony 505. I find this too dark because the lighting in my main room is quite dim.

Early in the day 10% at full blue light seems okay as long as I prop the reader up about an arm's length away from my eyes and take regular breaks (easier said than done). Later in the day, I turn the light down to about 6% with the warm light about half way. The later it is, the more warm light and less brightness.

The kindles always have the light set between 10 and 12, which looks much brighter than the kobo but doesn't affect my eyes. I'm not sure if it's the technology or size of screen which makes the difference. If it's related to screen size, perhaps the OP would be better getting a kobo Clara, if the light bleed problem has been solved.
The Clara HD does not have a light bleed problem.

Give a try to 4 and then add the warm light to that and see what you think.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 09:51 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Clara HD does not have a light bleed problem.
The Clara HD did have a light bleed problem. Some more so that others. I don't know if it is still an issue, but, it was definitely one in the past. The fix was fairly simple.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clara hd, eye strain, headaches, libra h2o, migraine