Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-09-2021, 11:04 AM   #121
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Got the new Siri Remote today. For me, it was worth upgrading. I still have to turn the TV and sound system on and off with their remotes/power buttons, but back on the couch, I only need Siri Remote (we are almost 100% viewing only stuff streaming via AppleTV). I was able to teach it about the sound system volume/mute very easily. Much easier to navigate video now, also.

Now I’m wondering when iOS will update the Remote app (in control center) to add similar ‘2nd generation’ control.
They updated the Remote app in iOS 15. I posted a screenshot of the new updated Remote app in a post in the WWDC 2021 thread.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:35 AM   #122
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
I finally bit the bullet and ordered a 2nd gen Siri Remote for my ATV 4K 2017. I kept waiting to see if Amazon or Walmart would get them in stock and discount the price, but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon, so I went ahead and ordered it from Apple. It should arrive in couple of days.

WooHoo! After all these years with Apple TVs dating back to gen 3, I'm finally going to have a functional and useful Siri Remote populated with buttons, rather than some POS garbage designed by Jon Ivey that feels like a small sliver of a mostly melted bar of soap coated in WD40! I'm glad they finally got rid of that jerk.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote