Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-21-2021, 06:09 AM   #1
Void42
Void42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with others

Device: KPW2, KOA3
Negative top/bottom margin

Hey

I want to reduce the margins on my Oasis (using a KF8 ebook).

I use the following css:

html {
margin-left: -45px;
margin-right: -45px;
margin-top: -45px;
margin-bottom: -45px;
}

For left and right it works great but it seems like top and bottom are ignored on the kindle.

I searched the forum but only found threads about left/right margins. Are negative margins for top and bottom not possible on the kindle or am I doing it wrong?
Void42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:56 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void42 View Post
Hey

I want to reduce the margins on my Oasis (using a KF8 ebook).

I use the following css:

html {
margin-left: -45px;
margin-right: -45px;
margin-top: -45px;
margin-bottom: -45px;
}

For left and right it works great but it seems like top and bottom are ignored on the kindle.

I searched the forum but only found threads about left/right margins. Are negative margins for top and bottom not possible on the kindle or am I doing it wrong?
If negative top/bottom margins worked, they would work for you since you are doing it correctly. But since they don't work, then I would think you cannot do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 03:07 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
In the Kindle book reader the upper and lower portions of the screen are reserved for the header and footer. There does not appear to be any way to render text into that area.

It is possible to get an image to extend into that area when KFX format is used. An example of that is the chapter hero image feature in Amazon's Kindle Create software.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 04:54 PM   #4
Void42
Void42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with othersVoid42 plays well with others

Device: KPW2, KOA3
Alright, I can live with that. Just wanted to be sure that I haven't missed something.
Thanks for the help!
Void42 is offline   Reply With Quote