Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-05-2015, 07:03 AM   #136
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
This nearly finished version of the i86

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpW4y4NJPvE

looks better on the Good E-Reader video review than the previus shown version. Maybe you got a preview preview version?

Last edited by joblack; 04-05-2015 at 07:05 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:58 AM   #137
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
This nearly finished version of the i86

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpW4y4NJPvE

looks better on the Good E-Reader video review than the previus shown version. Maybe you got a preview preview version?
Probably not. There was just the one seller, and there was just the one model (an engineering prototype) available.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:20 PM   #138
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Is there a ETA on when the i86 will be available? Could tie me over until someone releases a 13" ereader
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:29 PM   #139
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason90 View Post
Is there a ETA on when the i86 will be available? Could tie me over until someone releases a 13" ereader
Onyx isn't saying, sorry.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:07 PM   #140
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Onyx isn't saying, sorry.
If you had to hazard a guess it's likley to be released in the next 1-2 months?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #141
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I don't think it will be ready, but I'm just guessing.

I would ask Onyx's European partners (booxtor, for example) when they expect to be able to order the i86. You'll be able to get one about two months later.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:03 AM   #142
Fauver
Fauver began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
If you had to hazard a guess it's likley to be released in the next 1-2 months?
May 2015, most likely.
Fauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:50 AM   #143
Jason90
Addict

Edited

Last edited by Jason90; 04-22-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:25 PM   #144
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
It seems that it is next to be launched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Lw...em-subs_digest
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:31 PM   #145
Jason90
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremaEbooks View Post
It seems that it is next to be launched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Lw...em-subs_digest
Is that a final retail model? I thought it looked pretty good from that preview,screen looks clear and crisp,good contrast,decent speed as far as ereader's go,wonder how much it's going to retail for.$199?
Old 05-09-2015, 05:02 AM   #146
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Quote:
Is that a final retail model? I thought it looked pretty good from that preview,screen looks clear and crisp,good contrast,decent speed as far as ereader's go,wonder how much it's going to retail for.$199?
So it seems. As you can read in the comments in that video it is still running Android 4.0.4, but they are testing 4.4

I will be checking their website from week to week to see when it is available.
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #147
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
ONYX BOOX i86 HDML PLUS (with front light) now orderable

Now available at: http://ereader-store.de/en/onyx-boox...ont-light.html

Ships June 5, with front light and multi-touch. 199 Euro plus shipping, unfortunately, but the specs sure sound good.

I put my pre-order in. (I expect to be selling an M96C in a couple of weeks.)

I've ordered one of these to try for a case/stand: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281473866986

Last edited by EldRick; 05-29-2015 at 09:01 PM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:01 PM   #148
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PremaEbooks View Post
Speed looks fantastic for the sheet music.
Now that i86 is out of the blocks it looks like Onyx 13inch is behing the corner.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:49 AM   #149
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Is there a link to a photo/ video that has i86 and m96 (or a kindle) side by side --for the purpose of comparing the size of the screens?
I checked one for i86 as well as inkpad and couldn't find any...
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:06 AM   #150
Rivak
Rivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animalsRivak is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx i86 HDML Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Looks very nice... build in front light, more ram and storage, could be my next ereader.
But why a single core processor in comparison with the dualcore in the smaller C67ML/Afterglow2.

Someone an idea ?
Rivak is offline   Reply With Quote