Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-09-2015, 01:41 AM   #616
DoctorWkt
Connoisseur
DoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmos

Device: T68 Lynx, T68+
Quote:
Originally Posted by smayonak View Post
I have another suggestion for improvement: Add a NoRefresh mode.

XDA developers managed to enable two versions of NoRefresh mode on the Nook Simple Touch. You can read the full thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=16
Does anybody know where the T68 kernel source code is hosted on-line? I've looked through https://github.com/onyx-intl with no success.

I've found the patches made to the Nook kernel to enable the above video mode. I'm half tempted to try and port them to the T68 but, without the kernel code, I'm stuck.

Where is booxtor these days?
DoctorWkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #617
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by helour View Post
I have found these problems in the new Neo Reader:

1. Eraser tool in the notes/scribble doesn't work.
2. After adjusting zoom/selection (navigation mode = single), page turn doesn't work correctly. Instead of turning page it scrolls the page.
3. Improper behaviour of switching the toolbar to scribble mode after the third tap.
The third tap should rather start the main menu if there is a longer period of time between the second and third tap. Otherwise it should start the scribble mode.

None of these problem were present in the previous version (2014-10-14).
In the newest booxtor firmware M96 2015-05-06 problems in the sections 1. and 3. persists. Problem in the section 2. is resolved by selecting Navigation/Single Page/Crop page: Manual. You have to selected this option every time after launch the NeoReader (simple this option isn't stored with the document properties).

Because of the 1. and 3. I can't use newest firmware even I love much better screen refresh.

I've tried install older NeoReader apk/odex (2014-10-14) into newer firmware but I've got problem with menu displaying.

Last edited by helour; 05-09-2015 at 08:01 AM.
helour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:03 AM   #618
DoctorWkt
Connoisseur
DoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmosDoctorWkt has become one with the cosmos

Device: T68 Lynx, T68+
Quote:
Because of the 1. and 3. I can't use newest firmware even I love much better screen refresh.
I didn't realise that the latest firmware from eReader store (booxtor) has a video driver with better screen refresh. That's why I wanted the kernel source code.

I just did a crazy thing. I unpacked the boot.img from the T68 2015-05-06 eReader update.zip, and flashed it onto my T68 Lynx which is still running the Arta Tech system.img. It works. So now I have a T68 Lynx with a better video driver, and I did not have to do a full factory reset!
DoctorWkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #619
Vodus
Vodus began at the beginning.

Device: t68
I updated new firmware 5.6. but I didnt see any change according to refresh rate of display .
BTW I would like to see kernel code because I think, that 2 things are disabled
1. usb to go=usb host
2.partial refresh....I think its not A2 mode...I saw partial refresh on sony readers and its looks different.

Last edited by Vodus; 05-09-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Vodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:55 PM   #620
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
I've compared screen refresh of the two firmware versions (2014-10-14 vs 2015-05-06) when a cropped pdf page is panning in the NeoReader.
helour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:46 AM   #621
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
Quote:
I've compared screen refresh of the two firmware versions (2014-10-14 vs 2015-05-06) when a cropped pdf page is panning in the NeoReader.
Hi folks, I spent hours trying the last update and it is not worthwhile because the screen is less reactive and the refreshing is also less accurate. Conclusion, the only worthy stuff is the contrast dimmer for those apps that are not ready to eink screen. I rolled back my M96 to 20141013 version.

Thanks to onyx for letting us waste our time. We're still waiting for the announced Android 4.4.4.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:17 AM   #622
kreti
Connoisseur
kreti doesn't litterkreti doesn't litter

Device: energy system 1060 / Avant XL / Onyx Boox M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuskro View Post
Thanks to onyx for letting us waste our time. We're still waiting for the announced Android 4.4.4.
Onyx published this firmware as a beta for testing in their forums. They have not yet published in the official firmware page. The error is ereader-store, to publish this beta in his firmware page whitout testing it.
kreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:39 AM   #623
kuskro
Connoisseur
kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.kuskro is less competitive than you.

Device: Onyx Boox T68 & M96
Hi folks,

I post today to share with you an update of my build.prop to enhance the performance of our M96. It was only tested over 20141013 Stable Firmware.

Best.
Attached Files
File Type: zip M96.build.prop.zip (1.4 KB, 178 views)

Last edited by kuskro; 06-20-2015 at 09:09 AM.
kuskro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #624
kreti
Connoisseur

New update for firmware in onyx-international forums.

M96: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...23296-1-1.html

T68: translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=transla te.google.es&sl=zh-CN&u=http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn/thread-23294-1-1.html

Upgrades:

System components:

1. Fix User Settings - open the last read the document, after checking to exit setup to take effect, if not exit directly restart or shutdown, can not enter into force;
2. Fix User Settings - Scan option to scan only the specified path "Books" of two tick, do not exit directly restart or shut down, can not enter into force;
3. Delete Settings - System - date - time is automatically determined zone, this function is invalid on the reader, leaving only manually set the time zone;
4. repair settings - language -tts- listen to the example did not sound problems;
5. Integrated A2 speed priority option to retain only quality option, A2 and contrast settings can be set separately; (other than the C67 series models)
6. Add the user settings - Stacks Options - displays the file name or title name, the default with the file name, the default name using the English under the title Chinese;

Neo reader section:

1. Repair neo reader pdf link problem can not jump;
2. neo reader after selected word is highlighted, press page to exit the selected page before continuing;
3. Optimize neo reader split-screen mode and continuous view mode, comic mode and paper mode allows the user to more cutting edge and split screen; (for the detailed description)

Oreader part:

1. Added support rtf document;
Old 06-05-2015, 04:43 AM   #625
Rosa_WM
Enthusiast
Rosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enoughRosa_WM will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle PW2, Onyx Boox M96
Tempting... Yet, 1.7.1 was too buggy for me comparing with 1.7.0, so perhaps I'll wait for an official release on the onyx international site.
Rosa_WM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:46 AM   #626
kreti
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa_WM View Post
Tempting... Yet, 1.7.1 was too buggy for me comparing with 1.7.0, so perhaps I'll wait for an official release on the onyx international site.
You are waiting for official release, but ereaderstore not.

http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads
Old 06-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #627
karlnapf
Enthusiast
karlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy bluekarlnapf can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura One
V1.7.2 ist still faulty, many funktions are NOT translated into german :-(

dropbox is missing ....

page refreshing is slow

Last edited by karlnapf; 06-11-2015 at 03:31 PM.
karlnapf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:00 AM   #628
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlnapf View Post
V1.7.2 ist still faulty, many funktions are NOT translated into german :-(

dropbox is missing ....
If that's the only problem, I've no problems with it... And can't you just install the dropbox app? (I only use Calibre Companion on my device to get books)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:09 PM   #629
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
I updated from ereader-store and got the Google Play Services has stopped problem. U uninstalling and reinstalling seemed to fix it though. The display seems more stable and slightly better contrast.

Google Play Books has stopped working altogether though and reinstalling doesn't fix it. This is a real problem for me as the main reason I bought the M96 was for Google Play Books !
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #630
outremer
outremer began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
factory reset

Hello did anyone need to do a factory reset after installing the latest firmware? Just a bit scared of having to loose everything again after the update. Does it work fine? Thanks
outremer is offline   Reply With Quote