Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 09-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
absconditus
absconditus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G & Onyx Boox N96
Remove duplicates + images

Hi all,

I have tried downloading all the newspapers I would like to read using out-of-the-box recepies but: (1) it takes too long (up to one hour and in some cases - NYTimes - it does not even work) and (2) I end up getting sections which I am not interested in reading.

I can locate RSS feeds for all the sections of the different newspapers that I want to read. It is easy enough to add them through the 'Feeds in recipe' section in the GUI. My question is:

(1) Is there a piece of code (script?) that I can preface the recipe with that would do the following:
(a) remove duplicates (filterDuplicates = True?)
(b) remove images

Excuse my ignorance, but would such a set up work? I know nothing about coding. If I can get this to work, it would make my life a lot easier.

Alternatively, if there are working recipes that I can customize (remove sections I do not need) for the Guardian, Telegraph, NYTimes, Independent, Washington Post, Bloomberg, WSJ, and the FT - that do not take a long time to load - I would be happy to use them.

All the same, I want to thank anyone who was/still is involved in developing Calibre.

Many thanks in advance,
absconditus
absconditus is offline   Reply With Quote