Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2014, 09:55 PM   #16
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Wow. That must have been nerve wracking!
It was irritating. Mostly because they sent it "direct signature required." I stayed home all day yesterday and all day today, and it finally showed up at about 6:30 pm today.

UPS did the same thing to me with two other packages this week. Tuesday they were "out for delivery." Same on Wednesday. They finally arrived Thursday evening.

I think both UPS and FedEx are still catching up from an overwhelming Christmas, as well as the weather problems after the New Year.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #17
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
It was irritating. Mostly because they sent it "direct signature required." I stayed home all day yesterday and all day today, and it finally showed up at about 6:30 pm today.

UPS did the same thing to me with two other packages this week. Tuesday they were "out for delivery." Same on Wednesday. They finally arrived Thursday evening.

I think both UPS and FedEx are still catching up from an overwhelming Christmas, as well as the weather problems after the New Year.
Indeed. I live due south of you in N Texas. We got blasted by an unusual ice storm before Christmas that brought our road traffic and air traffic to a stand still for several days. UPS got way behind in deliveries and are just now getting caught up. UPS was so far behind here in N Texas the week before Xmas that Amazon removed the one-day prime delivery option from their website for customers in my area. I personally had two packages that arrived more than a week late.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #18
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
UPS runs with the least possible number of employees all in the name of profits, not prompt delivery.
Strange as it sounds USPS is much better and actually less expensive.
Our local UPS store doesn't even open it's doors to ship a package until 3pm, then it is one person waiting on a line of people...well it used to be a line but for some time now there are hardly any people waiting for them to open.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote