Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-01-2013, 05:52 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Moon+ Reader Pro 50% off (Android)

There's a whole plethora of e-book software available for Android devices, but Moon+ Reader Pro may just be one of the better ones we've tested. In celebration of its 3rd anniversary, the software is currently on sale for 50% off. If you're still evaluating your options to read e-books on your Android device, you should definitely check this one out.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I've been using this instead of the native Nook reader on my Nook HD. I really like the amount of tweaking it allows me to do regarding background colors, fonts, font sizes, line spacing, etc.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Dammit! I bought this last week for full price!!!!!
Curse you, lack of self control!!!!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't feel bad, I paid full price too. :/
Old 08-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #5
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Even at full price, it's worth it!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
manfred63
Connoisseur
manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manfred63 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Full price is 3,67 Euros I think.

LG manfred63
manfred63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
I like the way you can browse Calibre libraries over WiFi. Saves a lot of hassle with cables.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Must say I was surprised to receive a visit from the Jehovah's Witnesses on the Google Play Moon+ Reader Pro page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MoonReadingWatchtower.PNG
Views:	638
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	108809   Click image for larger version

Name:	MoonReadingWatchtower1.PNG
Views:	583
Size:	496.2 KB
ID:	108810  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #9
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Must say I was surprised to receive a visit from the Jehovah's Witnesses on the Google Play Moon+ Reader Pro page.
Because of that connection the devs could not pay me enough to use this app. I'm happy the devs can fill a niche but having watched my family be destroyed by that organization over the previous 60yrs earns me the night to this opinion...

I could never support that organization even implicitly.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #10
rbeverjr
rbeverjr began at the beginning.

Device: nexus 7
I use moon+ reader pro, purchased recently.

I want a reader that can do hierarchical sorting. I want it to sort first on genre, then author, and finally on title. I’d prefer text displays. I have too many books for cover art to be efficient. If this reader can’t do that, can some other reader do it?

I’d also like to be able to find books on my device by searching.

I am currently using the mobi format. Is there any reason to use a different format, such as epub?

Thanks for replies.
rbeverjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:42 AM   #11
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkw View Post
Because of that connection the devs could not pay me enough to use this app. I'm happy the devs can fill a niche but having watched my family be destroyed by that organization over the previous 60yrs earns me the night to this opinion...

I could never support that organization even implicitly.
"That connection" being merely an excerpt from one of the JW's publications - out of several different examples used to demonstrate their product? Jumping to conclusions much? There's nothing in the Moon Reader app that promotes any religion, or that has anything to do with religion for that matter.

Jeez, if I refused to buy products just because their advertisements portrayed women as mindless sexual objects....
Old 08-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #12
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
:
Jeez, if I refused to buy products just because their advertisements portrayed women as mindless sexual objects....
We'll if the shoe fits...
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force

Your response really doesn't make sense.

My point was that you were getting upset and passing judgment on a piece of software merely because of an isolated image from a sequence of ad images, without any true knowledge if that company has any ties whatsoever to a religion you have issues with. For all any of us knows, they might have farmed out their web display creation to a third party and/or might be from a part of the world where they have little experience with the JW sect.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #14
Dasha
Connoisseur
Dasha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
I Paid for it too and it won't Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Dammit! I bought this last week for full price!!!!!
Curse you, lack of self control!!!!
Dunno whats going on I had Moon-reader installed a long time ago on mt GT3110 and deleted it and I have just tried 3 times to install it to my GT3110 and the fourth time I paid for it and I still havent got the App? It is in the Download file on my PC (Win 8.1) But I cannot "run" it to install It? It keeps asking to open it with FFox and that doesn't work what do I open the File in My Downloads with? It is saying its installed but I cannot find the App on the GT3110 eitherthe GT3110 was connected thru all this and it's still showing Windows File Explorer as "Tablet or Card" But not on the Tablet. Any help please or how do I get my money Back Cheers Guys Dasha
Dasha is offline   Reply With Quote