Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
New version of Google Play Books

Now allows uploading books directly from the device.

Link
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #2
ac9ts
Enthusiast
ac9ts began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
The new version is what I was looking for. I mainly read books I grab from mobileread and others that I put into epub format. Now that I can upload my own books to Google, I switched from Cool Reader because I was looking for the ability to sync between my tablet and phone. I just need to remember to sync before and after reading on either device so they both start on the same page.
ac9ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Now allows uploading books directly from the device.

Link
Has anyone figured out how to do this? Google Play store from this link has "Upload EPUB files to your library from your phone or tablet. From email or Downloads, touch the file to open it and choose Upload to Play Books". I have never had an ebook in my email before and when I select a book from a file manager it only shows what apps can open it and Play Books isn't one of them. I have no idea what they mean by "from Downloads".
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
Lady, do you happen to use Calibre Companion?
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #5
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From ES File Explorer and our Caliber Companion by tapping the file directly to open you should be presented with the upload to Google play books.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388881299552.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	117591Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388881312652.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	117592
Old 01-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Thanks! I normally use Root Explorer but I also have ES File Explorer and that does work. I also have CC, but it's set to use Moon+. It takes a couple of minutes per book, even for small ones though. One was about 1 MB and one 340k is still processing after 4 minutes.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #7
Dhevi
Zealot

I don't recall the average processing time uploading from tablet. I want to say that's a little longer than the times I was seeing.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:36 AM   #8
ac9ts
Enthusiast
ac9ts began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
You should be able to use any Android explorer app to do the upload. If you have multiple apps that handle ebooks, you should get a popup similar to what Dhevi posted. Just select what option you want. If you set it to the default action, you will not get the popup and it will only start the app you selected. To get the option back, you will need to clear the default action on the manage applications screen.
ac9ts is offline   Reply With Quote