Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #2641
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
If anyone questions your awesomeness just show them a picture of Molly.
Thanks Phoenix! That made my day!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #2642
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 (Wifi Only), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Yesterday was a milestone of sorts for The Dresden Files thread! As you may already know The Dresden Files thread is a sub-thread in the Mobileread Forum, Reading Recommendations.

Nyssa created The Dresden Files thread on 09-16-2011 and yesterday The Dresden Files thread passed all the other non-sticky sub-threads in the Reading Recommendations Forum. The Dresden Files thread has now had 172,481 views and 2,624 posts (they're called replies by Mobileread) since it was started.

The Dresden Files thread numbers exceed all of the Sub-Forum, Book Clubs' many Sub-Forums (350+).

Of the five sticky sub-threads in the Reading Recommendations Forum only one exceeds The Dresden Files numbers and it is four and one half years older than The Dresden Files.

Nyssa originally asked that this thread be afforded Book Club status or become a sticky. Neither status was afforded it.

Congratulations, Nyssa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
Thanks for starting this thread Nyssa! And Alan you also deserve some credit here for keeping this thread alive with all of your informative posts of interviews with Jim, and all the videos/pictures/fan art for this series

Full credit to Alansplace, our Dresden Files Guru!!

As Leanansidhe has stated, Alan is the one who keeps this place active. He has been the backbone of this thread and I am very thankful to him for it!

Thank you Alan!

I'd also like to thank my fellow Dresden Files fans for making this thread a fun place to be.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #2643
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2nd Gen
Cool The Dresden Files thread...

Quote:
Yesterday was a milestone of sorts for The Dresden Files thread! As you may already know The Dresden Files thread is a sub-thread in the Mobileread Forum, Reading Recommendations.

Nyssa created The Dresden Files thread on 09-16-2011 and yesterday The Dresden Files thread passed all the other non-sticky sub-threads in the Reading Recommendations Forum. The Dresden Files thread has now had 172,481 views and 2,624 posts (they're called replies by Mobileread) since it was started.

The Dresden Files thread numbers exceed all of the Sub-Forum, Book Clubs' many Sub-Forums (350+).

Of the five sticky sub-threads in the Reading Recommendations Forum only one exceeds The Dresden Files numbers and it is four and one half years older than The Dresden Files.

Nyssa originally asked that this thread be afforded Book Club status or become a sticky. Neither status was afforded it.

Congratulations, Nyssa!

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for starting this thread Nyssa! And Alan you also deserve some credit here for keeping this thread alive with all of your informative posts of interviews with Jim, and all the videos/pictures/fan art for this series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Full credit to Alansplace, our Dresden Files Guru!!

As Leanansidhe has stated, Alan is the one who keeps this place active. He has been the backbone of this thread and I am very thankful to him for it!

Thank you Alan!

I'd also like to thank my fellow Dresden Files fans for making this thread a fun place to be.
You're very welcome, Nyssa!!

...and I agree, to all you fellow Dresden Files fans for making this thread such a wonderful and fun place to be.

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #2644
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool You're welcome

Quote:
...Alan you also deserve some credit here for keeping this thread alive with all of your informative posts of interviews with Jim, and all the videos/pictures/fan art for this series

You're very welcome, Lea!!

Old 10-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #2645
alansplace
Wizard

James Potter and the Morrigan Web Cover

Download a larger version here

Finally an official cover for James Potter and the Morrigan Web has appeared!

Old 10-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #2646
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Fool Moon

From deviantart.com
Quote:

Harry Dresden
by thegryph
Fan Art / Digital Art / Painting & Airbrushing / Books & Novels
©2008-2013 thegryph

"The world is getting weirder. Darker every single day. Things are spinning around faster and faster, and threatening to go completely awry. Falcons and falconers. The center cannot hold.

But in my corner of the country, I'm trying to nail things down. ... I don't want to live in a world where the strong rule and the weak cower. I'd rather make a place where things are a little quieter. Where trolls stay the hell under their bridges, and where elves don't come swooping out to snatch children from their cradles. Where vampires respect the limits, and where the faeries mind their p's and q's.

My name is Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. Conjure by it at your own risk. When things get strange, when what goes bump in the night flicks on the lights, when no one else can help you, give me a call. I'm in the book."

- Jim Butcher

Edit: To answer the two most common questions I get about this - the dog was intended to be one of the hexenwulfen from Fool Moon, though if it makes you happy to make it Mouse in your heads, I'm cool with that. For all the endless commentary on his hat... seriously, guys, this piece is probably four years old at this point. Please take it as read that I have been reminded by many, many people that he doesn't wear one in canon, but I'm unlikely to change it this far down the road.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-25-2013 at 01:06 AM. Reason: oops!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #2647
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch (Wifi only)
Quote:

Very interesting! It doesn't fit into the previous theme, does it?

I've re-downloaded, for the cover only since I'm partway through maybe someday finishing editing it.

Can't help but wonder how you find this stuff out.

Skin Game release date countdown:
39 DAYS!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #2648
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR Glowlight, Sony T1, Acer Iconia A200
Question for the other Hollows readers: I'm about to start #5 and I'm wondering...

Spoiler:
Is Brett going to make an appearance here or in the future?

Just a yes, yes but not in #5, or no will suffice. Thanks!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #2649
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Brett

Quote:
Question for the other Hollows readers: I'm about to start #5 and I'm wondering...

Spoiler:
Is Brett going to make an appearance here or in the future?

Just a yes, yes but not in #5, or no will suffice. Thanks!
Spoiler:

Old 10-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #2650
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR Glowlight, Sony T1, Acer Iconia A200
Thanks Alan!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #2651
alansplace
Wizard

Cool James Potter and the Morrigan Web Cover

Quote:

Download a larger version here

Click image for larger version

Name:	524629_10150321928974944_2119916018_n.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	113983

Just found a more colorful version of the new cover!

Old 10-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #2652
alansplace
Wizard

Cool my annual re-read

I'm now going back to my annual re-read (I paused this re-read a while back so it would end a little closer to the Publication date of Skin Game) of The Dresden Files, with Changes!

Old 10-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #2653
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Attachment 113983

Just found a more colorful version of the new cover!

From where? This isn't the one in the official ePub. Although I wish it was, it's much smaller AND nicer! NVM, though, that's easily fixed. Thanks!

Do you have any idea whether this means the covers of the older books are getting a facelift?
Old 10-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #2654
alansplace
Wizard

Cool ...getting a facelift? I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
From where? This isn't the one in the official ePub. Although I wish it was, it's much smaller AND nicer! NVM, though, that's easily fixed. Thanks!

Do you have any idea whether this means the covers of the older books are getting a facelift?
http://www.jamespotterseries.com/pri...rint_files.zip

I have no idea.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #2655
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist

Quote:

HOW DO YOU FIND THIS STUFF OUT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy