Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 04:27 AM   #1
MartinD
MartinD is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.MartinD is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.MartinD is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.MartinD is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.MartinD is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.MartinD is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.MartinD is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.MartinD is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.MartinD is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.MartinD is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.MartinD is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Samsung laptop windows 8
Maximum File Size for Conversion

I am currently converting a Mobi format to PDF. So far it has taken 196 minutes (3.25 hours). For much of that time it has stayed at:-

"Long running javascript, letting it proceed". The Mobi file is 33mb.

There is no error message and the Jobs icon shows that the process is continuing.

I have the latest edition of Calibre and the latest updates to Windows 8 and 6mb ram.

My question is:- Should I be patient and let it run or should I not try and convert such large files?

Thanks
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
Should I be patient and let it run or should I not try and convert such large files?
Patience is always a good virtue. Especially with PDF.

Just for my interest: why converting from a reasonable mobi format into an ugly PDF format?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Why in heaven's name would you want to have a PDF version when you have a perfectly fine mobi version?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote