Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #16
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It showed "$29.95 micropay rebate" in the cart for me. Sorry - perhaps it does only apply if you're already a member; I didn't know that, as I said.
It showed the same rebate for me (also already a member).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #17
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
My membership expires August next year
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:38 PM   #18
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
How do I add a PID to an eBook? I'm at my Bookshelf and can't find it. I had my Kindle replaced and put the old one by mistake
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #19
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
You can renew early.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Doesn't matter. Buying an extra year just extends your membership by a year. It's better to renew early, in fact - it's $5 cheaper that way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
How do I add a PID to an eBook? I'm at my Bookshelf and can't find it. I had my Kindle replaced and put the old one by mistake
https://www.fictionwise.com/servlet/...v&t=securemobi
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #22
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Thanks and thanks for the deal!

I have a year's membership and $18 in credits and Don't Know Much About Anything and Don't Know Much About Anything Else!! Now my Don't Know Much collection is complete!!
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #23
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
My apologies if it's some kind of restricted offer - I had no indication that that was the case. Note that the site didn't tell me that it was free; I just got the indication of the Micropay rebate when I added the 1 year membership to my "shopping basket".
I am not a member but I did receive the "specially selected" email. When I put the 1 year sub in my cart it does show the rebate. Not sure if I'll go for it as a Kindle owner I think I get just as good if not better prices at Amazon. But, heck I have 4 whole days to decide.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #24
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Certainly it's a hell of a lot better way to get Buywise than the usual offer.

I'd always been put off of Buywise before by the fact that I would have to buy $200 in e-books to "get my money's worth" out of it.

Suddenly that no longer becomes an issue.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:43 PM   #25
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
In renewing my membership, I've just discovered that Fictionwise's "Buywise" club is effectively "better than free" at present. Not only do you get a 100% Micropay rebate for the $29.95 one year membership (if bought with Paypal or a credit card), but you also get a voucher for a free eBook worth up to $10.

Has to be a bargain!
Thanks for mentioning this. I had joined a few weeks ago when I got my kindle, but didn't join the club. I'm finding that Amazon is normally cheaper...but sometimes only a few cents. So I wasn't willing to pay $30 to join. But being able to join for better than free is OK.

I added the 1 yr membership to my cart and that is where the 29.95 micropay rebate showed up.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #26
morituri
Enthusiast
morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.morituri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air, Kindle PW2, Kindle HD
I also received the email from Fictionwise about the offer -- I quickly signed up. I think it's a great deal for the Micropay dollars that you get. It's always best to get slightly older books at Fictionwise, usually the latest books can get quite expensive ($15-25 in some cases).
morituri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #27
HowGozit
Connoisseur
HowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it isHowGozit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo, Asus Tab 8, iPod Touch, Galaxy Tab, Surface Pr2
Works for me

Quote:
It showed "$29.95 micropay rebate" in the cart for me. Sorry - perhaps it does only apply if you're already a member; I didn't know that, as I said. It was only the 1 year membership which had the rebate - I tried the others and they didn't have it.
As others have said, I am not a previous Buywise club member - but I got the rebate when I registered - and I had not received the email.

So it seems to work for anyone for the one year sub. Bargain - I am always picking at the Fictionwise bin - more so now as I occasionally get the secure .lit books for my (cough cough ) Sony 505...

Ross
HowGozit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #28
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
This came at a good time for me as my membership was about up as well as my subscription to Analog (through Fictionwise.) Kind of like a 2-for-1 sale.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:02 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well, i just joined, after much hesitation, and got the rebate as well (not a previous member, got no email about it, but the micropay rebate did appear in my checkout cart when i added the membership).

i did a lot of searching on the site first to see how many of the books / authors i would like to buy are available there, and the sad answer is not all that many, but probably enough for me to get my money's worth anyway. i think the real problem is not fictionwise, it's just the same old problem of ebooks not being widely available. hopefully that will change quickly.

meanwhile, they still have not replied to my "ticket" from two days ago about the future availability of City by Alessandro Baricco in any other format than secure mobi... and that is at the top of the list of books i would like to buy, now that i am a member... but in .lit format.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #30
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
meanwhile, they still have not replied to my "ticket" from two days ago about the future availability of City by Alessandro Baricco in any other format than secure mobi... and that is at the top of the list of books i would like to buy, now that i am a member... but in .lit format.
So, buy the mobi format and deDrm it. Are you going to deDrm the lit version anyway?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote